What to change when changing springs?

I have a set of eibach springs ready to fit in the near future, so the question is what to replace while the springs are being swapped over.  Other than dampers which im undecided about, what else is worth doing at the same time?  Either for an increase in handling performance, or as the original will likely be worn.

Oct II, pre fl VRS TFSI 08, 75k.

thanks

Simon

Edited by laff82

Check the rear bump stops as they can get chewed up and for handling improvement a RARB. You may also need to change the RARB links as they usually get damaged when trying to remove them and get cut off.

• Like 1

Thanks

Slowly bringing myself around to doing the dampers at the same time, adding £500 to the bill may push the work back a few months but probably makes sense in the long run.  Other than a bounce test can you really judge the condition of a damper easily?

Rear bush on the wishbone, is that the one refered to as the console bush?  for the bush and the drop links i've read that going elsewhere in the Vag group can yeild a small imrovement.  S3 bush and same or something else for the drop links?

Take a look at this seller on eBay

I bought a B12 kit off him last month, once he has e-mailed you to confirm your vehicle spec (so the correct kit is sent out) it arrived very quickly indeed.

At less than £470 delivered it is hardly worth changing just the springs on their own, your suspension is way past its best at 75K and the above kit made an impressive difference to my Superb.

I also changed the top mounts front and rear, but there was nothing wrong with the ones that i had remover (84K miles old)

• Like 1

Take a look at this seller on eBay

I bought a B12 kit off him last month, once he has e-mailed you to confirm your vehicle spec (so the correct kit is sent out) it arrived very quickly indeed.

At less than £470 delivered it is hardly worth changing just the springs on their own, your suspension is way past its best at 75K and the above kit made an impressive difference to my Superb.

I also changed the top mounts front and rear, but there was nothing wrong with the ones that i had remover (84K miles old)

Would there be any other costs on getting these parts? Price is very good, but could there be duties or VAT payable?

This seller also does the H+R Cup kit for £450 delivered which again is a cracking price.

Still not sure which to go for as both makes have plenty of good reports but I guess ride and handling is about as personal and subjective as you can get.

Would there be any other costs on getting these parts? Price is very good, but could there be duties or VAT payable?

I'd hope with it being EU there shouldnt be additional duty or VAT to pay, Gizmo can you confirm this?

This seller also does the H+R Cup kit for £450 delivered which again is a cracking price.

Still not sure which to go for as both makes have plenty of good reports but I guess ride and handling is about as personal and subjective as you can get.

I keep meaning to get myself down to one of the meets to see whether any of the assembled have aftermarket suspension and are willing to take me for a spin. Having seen the reviews both of the previously mentioned & later Koni FSD would seem to be an improvement from stock, especaially for the spirited driver. The only thing about forums reviews is that it must be really hard to not like an "upgrade" that just cost the best part of a grand after fitting.

Correct, as they are coming from the EU (Germany - where they are made) there are no additional fees to pay.

Best mod I have done, still retained all the comfort but the car now handles!

• Like 1

Correct, as they are coming from the EU (Germany - where they are made) there are no additional fees to pay.

Best mod I have done, still retained all the comfort but the car now handles!

Could you stop saying how good they are, you're making me drool and its going to be a short while before I can afford to get it done if I'm buying dampers too (paintwork touchup to pay for first).

• Like 1