Factory holiday and TSI questions

I placed an order for an Octavia Estate 1.4TSI SE in metallic moon white a couple of weeks ago or so. We were told about 12 weeks for delivery, but got the call yesterday to say the factory is closing for two weeks for a holiday and I'd get an update as soon as the dealer had news.

The holiday I understand (even if I don't like it lol), but I do have a question about the 1.4TSI engines being built after the week 22 changes. Someone on another forum said that certainly VW and Seat were now shipping 150ps engines ordered after week 22, rather than the original 1.4 with 140ps. Seeing as Skoda's website configurator doesn't list the 1.4TSI as 150ps I'm guessing this hasn't filtered down to budget-Skoda and is being reserved for the other marques in the stable? :(

While we're on the topic, when are Skoda getting ACT enabled engines? Just curious.

Hopefully I get a build date soon, but I'd be interested to hear more about the engine if anyone has any ideas.

Cheers.

I placed an order for an Octavia Estate 1.4TSI SE in metallic moon white a couple of weeks ago or so. We were told about 12 weeks for delivery, but got the call yesterday to say the factory is closing for two weeks for a holiday and I'd get an update as soon as the dealer had news.

The holiday I understand (even if I don't like it lol), but I do have a question about the 1.4TSI engines being built after the week 22 changes. Someone on another forum said that certainly VW and Seat were now shipping 150ps engines ordered after week 22, rather than the original 1.4 with 140ps. Seeing as Skoda's website configurator doesn't list the 1.4TSI as 150ps I'm guessing this hasn't filtered down to budget-Skoda and is being reserved for the other marques in the stable? :(

While we're on the topic, when are Skoda getting ACT enabled engines? Just curious.

Hopefully I get a build date soon, but I'd be interested to hear more about the engine if anyone has any ideas.

Cheers.

the new 150ps unit is an ACT unit but afaik there's no plans for Skoda to get it this my change. It's very similar to drive however and isnt exactly a game changer so I wouldn't be too concerned tbh. The main advantage in my eyes would be to lower the emissions slightly, meaning a possible tax band drop. :)
  • Like 1

Very true about the ACT engines, I work for seat and have driven and worked on both already. Very good engines, I would always prefer newer technology but if unavailable is one of those things I suppose. I do however prefer the leons over the Octavia personally. Even though I own a Skoda! Lol Must say our seat orders are delivered much quicker also. Worst we have is around 8 week waits. 

Olly 

• Like 1

Very true about the ACT engines, I work for seat and have driven and worked on both already. Very good engines, I would always prefer newer technology but if unavailable is one of those things I suppose. I do however prefer the leons over the Octavia personally. Even though I own a Skoda! Lol Must say our seat orders are delivered much quicker also. Worst we have is around 8 week waits.

Olly

I have been looking at a Leon ST diesel 150 Olly and whilst I really like the modern look and equipment (the styling is superb) the badge is a bit of an issue...anal I know...but as a company car the Skoda seems a bit more serious. BTW I had a Leon Hatch FR about 6 years ago and loved it...had 3 kids since then though!

Apologies to OP for hijacking thread.

• Like 1

I think seat appeals more to the younger client majority of the time. I am opposite I own a vrs but have just bought my wife a Leon as much better spec and appeals to her more.seat do seem offer a little more styling and engine options as we are owned out right by Audi share more of there technology and engines etc. I would definitely 're consider the Leon they are brilliant cars Olly

• Like 1

I think seat appeals more to the younger client majority of the time. I am opposite I own a vrs but have just bought my wife a Leon as much better spec and appeals to her more.seat do seem offer a little more styling and engine options as we are owned out right by Audi share more of there technology and engines etc. I would definitely 're consider the Leon they are brilliant cars Olly

If a little bit small in the boot 

• Like 1

Thanks for all your interesting replies guys. It seems this holiday is a good step up for Skoda. Despite missing out on ACT (VW always have to keep Skoda from being overly competitive I guess), it's not a big deal. ACT seems marginally useful but more of a sidestep of the CO2 and fuel economy lab tests anyway, than any real world revolution. That extra 10 horses wouldn't have hurt though... lol.

Thanks again for all the replies. Much appreciated. :)

If a little bit small in the boot

Agreed, that's why I looked at the ST FR but can't make my mind up on the rear styling. The hatch is a better looking car IMHO but the boot is too small for my needs. Also I am mid forties so a bit old for the firmer Leon ride...and the local Tesco car park Doughnut Meet!

Course you are Falkster, it's Webbs car park isn't it?

Now now, it just sounds wrong when you say it like that Moley! Btw going up to Midland VW this week whilst in the area to discuss Octy 3 springs. Saw in another thread you had problems with shocks on the Eibach set up?

Not such much problem but 3 of the shocks needed replacing after 70,000 as they were shot. The main point was that they were changed under warranty by Skoda which contradicts the current comments by others that any suspension part is only good for 6 months.

I will probably get some Eibachs again for my O3 but I'm thinking about getting Skoda Redditch to fit them and then do the alignment. Whilst the springs are no longer 'approved' it will mean Skoda have set the car up in case of futures issues.

My only other concern is I remember you having to remove the 25mm spacers after it was lowered because of it rubbing. I wonder if this is still and issue on the new vRS estate.

Edited by Moley RUFC

Good plan, the vRS and Elegance (even with Sport Suspension) just ride too high. Skoda Redditch will charge you a fortune won't they? Never had a problem with my suspension on the Eibachs and I'm on 92k. You are right though, the warranty is a concern. Would be interested to know what Trust quote...With regards the spacers yeah, I had to ditch them but nobody else seemed to have a problem. On my experience I can't be bothered with them this time although I admit your motor looks good with spacers.

Now now, it just sounds wrong when you say it like that Moley! Btw going up to Midland VW this week whilst in the area to discuss Octy 3 springs. Saw in another thread you had problems with shocks on the Eibach set up?

Can you see what they say are the best F&RARBs for the O3, the backend of mine is a little unruly when pushed.

You two guys need to talk with "#2 icon_share.pngNookiebear" he's just lowered his O3 and it looks very good. 

Edited by themanwithnoaim

I'll get a quote of them this week and you get one from Midland VW and then we'll see.

To the OP : Sorry for gate crashing your thread.

£175 inc VAT Moley, fitting and wheel alignment. £5 more expensive than 3 years ago!