Variable servicing question

So my car left the factory on the variable service plan which given the mileage I tend to cover every 12 months (most of which is motorway cruising) is pretty much ideal for me to be honest...

Anyway, took it in for it's first service at Lookers in Stockport during the week, and I've just looked at the service info on Maxidot and it appears Lookers have recoded it to 10k/1 year service plan... Should they have been doing that without my permission? Or is the 'variable' service thing only relevant for the first service period?

:think:

They have probably just reset it incorrectly using the dashpod, take it back and tell them. Make sure they put the longlife oil in at the same time. A variable reset must be done on there diagnostic tool

Some dealers put it to time and distance, in the hope the customer is non the wiser and will therefore be seeing them more often :bandit:

Thankfully the dealer I bought the Spaceback from was very good and explained the two service regimes and the type of use each was suitable for; one of the very few times I've come across this level of sales staff knowledge of the product and willingness to share it with the customer.

TP

• Like 1

I was told by Simpson Skoda (Colne) mine is on Long life service    apparenty that means 2 year service.  When I asked I was told wait untill the car tells you it needs a servie and left it at that.  I will be lucky if I cover 10 000 miles in 3 years

I was told by Simpson Skoda (Colne) mine is on Long life service    apparenty that means 2 year service.  When I asked I was told wait untill the car tells you it needs a servie and left it at that.  I will be lucky if I cover 10 000 miles in 3 years

Variable is when indicated by the car or at 2 years which ever comes first, however if you drive less than 10k a year, or are like me regularly up and down hills, then your advised to have a service at 10k or 1 year which ever comes first.

Regards,

TP

My monty tech had variable but when i took it for its first years service they changed it to fixed. It was on a free service plan for 3 years so if you are on variable they only get 2 payments off skoda and not 3 only my thoughts was told if changed to fixed you do not have to use longlife but i do anyway