Sparkly's Racing Barge 1.8tsi 4x4

Sparkly

Hmmm struggling to get any word out of Shark on the cost to go fully hardware supported K04 setup.

On a less exciting note, going to order the Black upper and lower grille, I can see that looking good on a silver car. Plus in my quest to buy up all the dealer accessories going, I'll probably want some mudflaps too.

Currently sat bored in a hotel lobby, this could be expensive.

• Like 2

Hmmm struggling to get any word out of Shark on the cost to go fully hardware supported K04 setup.

You'd probably be best ringing them. I bet they get all sorts of people emailing requesting prices that they know will amount to nothing. If you can be bothered to ring them it shows you are at least a little bit serious.

Been away with work.

So far have bought via Ebay.

New Rubber Mats

Official Skoda Boot Bag

And some genuine e rear sunblinds from a Brisky member's auction.

For the interior I'll still be wanting a rubber boot mat, boot nets, new head unit and depending on how many LED's I get through some spare Festoons and w5w's.

Have a lodged a cheeky best offer on one of these little Android powered HU's

Erisin_8_VW_Passat_B6_DVD_GPS.jpg

Been looking at one of those headunits myself Mark. Purely as its android. Tried to find out if they are compatible with bluetooth devices as well as phones. (Using android apps that use bluetooth hardware) bit pricey if it doesnt work like I want. Obviously the features are great. But this is the reason the android ones stick out.

Been looking at one of those headunits myself Mark. Purely as its android. Tried to find out if they are compatible with bluetooth devices as well as phones. (Using android apps that use bluetooth hardware) bit pricey if it doesnt work like I want. Obviously the features are great. But this is the reason the android ones stick out.

Think Bluetooth is pretty open mate.

They can talk to ELM27 OBD devices and you can display the torque app on the 8" screen :)

Project Barge has arrived.

In all respects a little more elastic rather than the punchy firm experience of the Fabia. Poor quality tyres are meaning the refinement isn't 100% but still very good. Nankang NS2 fronts and Event on the rear :(

I find the car's extra soft suspension is lacking a bit of damping (shocker) and wallows around on the motorway following undulations meaning I needed to give constant small steering inputs (definitely setup not alignment related). Some VCDS tinkering and H&R Springs/ARB's should sort.

Engine is sweet, definitely not lacking for a stock setup. Stage 1/2 should definitely have entertainment value.

Took some tinkering with the seat position to get comfy, I oddly think the Fabia vRS (mk2) seats are perhaps comfier.

Finding the gearbox is a little notchy and makes a bit of a plastic noise, think this is trim related, will investigate.

Wheel nut covers are goosed, all manly and white, have replacements here ready.

HU is poo but on a positive will read my 500GB Passport Hard drive for an insanely big music library.

Official rear window blinds are here, these will keep the little lad happy and hopefully asleep on journeys, may also fake the look of rear tints until I can get those done (recommendations for good and cheap tints in Yorkshire appreciated)

Oh and I miss my black headlining, beige is grim.

Photos will follow.

• Like 2

by doing proper full suspension setup

Can you give a bit more of an explanation on this mate, I'm interested to hear this.

I don't think the Geometry is the cause but, I'm not going to rule it out entirely. The car just feels very soft.

My Fabia did this stock too, cured by reducing steering assist, lowering and ARB, just glued to the road afterwards. An alignment did feature in all of that and most certainly caused no harm at all.

For all the grumbles, the Barge shows some promise, it feels fractionally smaller than it really is :giggle: