Battery?

Hi all,

Bizarre one really and scratching my head a little! When it rains my battery is dead when I come to start it. I have done the pollen filter seal, ecu seal and all door seals. The inside of the car is bone dry and no water present

When the car won't start I don't get the usual ticking when a battery is dead the car just won't start. If I jump it off another car it starts straight away doesn't struggle at all. If I then turn the car straight off and then start it again it starts straight away - makes me think the battery isn't dead?

I have checked the voltage, battery is over 12 and just over 14 when car is running so the alternator is fine.

Is there a solenoid or something else electrical that I could be missing? Under the battery is clear, no gunk and the water drains ok.

Any help would be appreciated. Like I say I am stumped!

Cheers

First two guesses:

Remove, clean up and reconnect the battery terminals.

Check the main eyelet connection terminals above the driver's pedals are clean and bolted down securely.  Need to remove the under-dash plastic cover to see them.

• 3 weeks later...