Few questions about 1.9 tdi mk2

Not heard that one before mike, but good advice as I didn't know you could code them in with VCDS.

I've got 55w kit in mine not the normal 35w ones that go on eBay, don't know if that's why I've never had any issues.

I must have clocked up 100,000 miles since fitting them

Yeah makes perfect sense mate, and now you mention it I have changed a wiper motor about 2yrs ago.

But never thought anything about it as I've had to change them on both my other octavias at similar mileage, and neither of them were running any kind of HIDs

If your car isn't an Elegance spec then there won't be any wiring for the front fogs which maybe why they're not working.

How hard would it be to wire onto the standard switch

Sadly I don't know. I fitted Elegance fog lamps onto my Ambiente spec but never wired them before parting with the car. I did find out that you need the light switch with front fogs as part of the switch.

The original car was a cat d ambiente so unless the previous owner upgraded the headlamp switch it is unlikely it will be connected up properly.

Well the switch i have does actually pull up twise, 2nd being rear fog so im guessing i could wire it up

F8A5EBB1-9806-409B-9FAC-9AB3ED2B131A_zps

Can it be done?

Edited by DanialA11

As said, there have been incidents where canbus friendly kits with the bulb-out-cancellers (capacitors) have caused the wiper motor (part odf the central electronics module) to burn out, and this is why the option in VCDS for factory xenons is a far safer option as the car then expects 35W, and sees 35W, so no warnings.

Hope this makes sense!

Mike

Where wpuld you get the VCDS coding done from

And how much would it cost?

Have a look at the VCDS owners map here:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=209732397261666218585.0004c66cecde3f435ecb4&msa=0&dg=feature

There will be someone in there close to you.

Cost? Depends on who it is. Some, like myself, will never charge, others expect some form of donation, others will charge a set fee.

You need to PM the individual member and discuss times and costs.

Mike

Thanks mike however im trying to open the page and its telling me cannot open due to to many re directions

Actually.. after I typed that I doubted myself so I did a search:

1. Run the engine
2. Switch off the ignition one 'click' only (not two clicks to where you would remove the key).
3. Press and hold the trip meter button until the display changes from the 'mileage' usually shown.
4. The display will then show the miles and days due to the next service/inspection.
5. Remove the key and display reverts to normal.

Phil

Bad news,

Went to get my service done got car up the ramp and turned the oil nut and got told it was cross threaded

So service never took place been told to get a new sump 1st just incase it cannot be repaired

Iv seen these heli coild and so on but found an after market sump from euro car parts £51, just before i order it wont to make sure its the right one as everywhere else is quoting £80+ vat

Part No.: 332440690

Got quoted £50 fiting and service so all in £100 just say

He's not saying that's a way of leaving the drain plug as it is -- what he is saying is that these days the drain plug is very often not touched, and all old oil is drained by sucking it up through the dipstick tube.

Totally agree though in what you say that if it's broke it needs fixing. But it isn't a critical job when the oil can be removed in other ways.

Mike

Well when u put it that way i agree but 2 problems

One being that little droplets are escaping threw the nut due to it not being tight enough

2nd being i dont think anyone is willing to suck the oil out lol

Why vw went from bomb proof mk4 golf and so on to making these problematic cars the 2.0 tdi mk2 octavia being very bad i belive i will never know

Starting to regret moving onto vag /:

well i only had a 15 amp tryed that and it worked however took it out now and will get a 20 tomorrow and smack it in

find it so stupid that there is a paper there telling  you what fuse is where and it doesn't say what fuse should be in there -_-