Few questions about 1.9 tdi mk2

Could someone point me in the right direction,

Iv ordered led bulbs for my interior an error free side light bulbs

I know the interior lights are 501 w5w and the main one is 41mm bulb

What is the name of the number plate bulbs and the puddle lights on the doors please? As they are smaller then 41mm

Just upgraded all the bulbs to led's seen a old post where mark gave some advise, side lights took ages to get out but once they where out broke the clips just to make it easier next time

All lights were fine apart from the number plate ones which checked up an error, been told to order off fizmocouk from ebay as his are mento be great quality ??

Next i think i need to get the interior detailed as its not as clean as i wish it would be ill get some pictures of the led'z up at night forgot about the before and after /:

The sizes for the bulbs are as follows just incase youd like to led ur own

Interior main light is a 41mm festoon

The map lights are standard w5w 101 and so are the boot lights

The puddle lights are 38mm festoon (i orderd 36mm but they bent the + metal thing abit

The front side lights are also 501 however u will need canbus error free , some models might not like them an shut them off, i also would NOT reccomend the resistors

Number plate lights are also 38mm and will need to be canbus error free, also may not work on all models :)

Yes my 2006 Octy was fussy with what number plate LED,s it had but CAN friendly ones sorted them out but didn't last long so I put them back to standard.

Ahh not happy to hear that, i think the number plate lights are really what set it off

I did however notice, if one of the lights is standard and other is led the fault does not appear

Will try abit of diy that i seen in amother post and wire a standard light behind the led's so the car thinks the standard light is on.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me if suspension from a 2007 pre FL deisel hatch octavia vrs will fit my pd

A member is giving a set away full shock+ spring no top mounts will they directly fit looking to collect on weekend cheers !

Can anyone tell me if suspension from a 2007 pre FL deisel hatch octavia vrs will fit my pd

A member is giving a set away full shock+ spring no top mounts will they directly fit looking to collect on weekend cheers !

Front struts are different diameters, vRS is 55mm, 1.9 is 50mm so they won't fit.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

If you got the suspension on offer, you could search for some hubs and adaptors which would allow you to upgrade to 312mm discs. Calipers are the same.

If that is your sort of thing of course.

You get much better braking. They should all come with them IMHO.

When I upgraded mine, I had to get what was available off the shelf locally, which was not ideal.

If you got the suspension on offer, you could search for some hubs and adaptors which would allow you to upgrade to 312mm discs. Calipers are the same.

If that is your sort of thing of course.

You get much better braking. They should all come with them IMHO.

When I upgraded mine, I had to get what was available off the shelf locally, which was not ideal.

i was just thinking of putting some drilled and grooved disc's in with some good pads as my front are 288mm anyway

are you sure you have 288mm discs??

as 1.9tdi normally come with 280mm discs

and 288mm discs will normally mean 55mm hubs and a 312mm disc conversion can be easily done by just changing the caliper carriers

Nope not sure was told by someone carnt remember who /: how do i check without getting my hands dirty ???

Not particularity easy even if you are prepared to get dirty.

Measure the disc itself, tricker than you think with all the rust and the lump in the middle.

The diameter of the damper will be 50mm where it fits into the hub.

The caliper mounting bracket is cast as one piece with the hub. Hence the need to fit different hubs to allow bigger brake discs.

Downloaded vcds, just wondering can i use any wire or do i need to order a certain one as my mate got one with his car that ill be borrowing on the weekend,

Going to try and code the car to lock doors after certain speed, coming home lights and the needle sweep, is this possible on my 2005 octy or not thanks

Edited by DanialA11

Downloaded vcds, just wondering can i use any wire or do i need to order a certain one as my mate got one with his car that ill be borrowing on the weekend,

Going to try and code the car to lock doors after certain speed, coming home lights and the needle sweep, is this possible on my 2005 octy or not thanks

You need a proper Ross Tech Hex+CAN or Micro CAN cable. A cheap ebay KKL or knockoff cable won't work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The 1.9s brake discs are as follows:

1.9 TDI Manual - 280mm

1.9 TDI DSG - 288mm

1.9 TDI 4x4 - 288mm

I asume the DSG and 4x4 get bigger brakes due to the extra weight.

Phil

45B756B6-FD62-4BAA-83A4-AB81510B8F83_zps

Picture my little brother took of my skoda and my dads 190 cosworth 2.3 dogleg ;)

Not done much with the car as just started new job but since purchase have just been mending little bits and bobs that were either fo**ed or just not right

Will take some proper pictures on the weekend

Things i have done so far:

New sump + service

Vrs Number plate holders

Led'z everywhere

Xenon kit.

What i have planned to do Before anything will be timing belt and water pump as they are due in about 2k

Get medium smoke tints all round

Maybe a remap

Drilled and grooved brakes maybe even upgrade callipers if not to much hastle

Wind deflectors

Re spray front bumper rear bumper and spoiler and get them blended in

Hopefully get vagcom connected up and fiddle with that and try and retro fit cruise control.

:)

Looks nice and clean car there Daniel.

The Shark remap is a beaut. Turns it into a car you can drive.

Better brakes will likely become a necessity. AFAIK all the VAG calipers are the same, unless you do the NQSBBK. That is more involved. You will need different hubs and the shocks you were offered.

Then you only need the carrier for the caliper and you can fit 312 mm discs. This is where I am at.

I am looking around for parts to do the brembo/porsche 4 pot caliper thing. (the original 280 mm just don't hold up on Alpine passes and faded to non existence. The vrs ones are ok fade wise, but feel a bit dead).

A rear anti roll bar brings the handling up to the level it should have been ex works. Driving becomes sooo much nicer, both for you and any passengers. Best handling bang for the buck.

So if i got the vrs suspension i was offered and get some 55mm hubs, i only need carriers to upgrade front brakes 312mm.

If you would ever so kindly let me know if u come across some hubs i will really appriciate it

Also if i put vrs suspension on the front i will defiantly have to lower the back as it sits sky high lol

As for carriers i think i can get a hold of some from creation motor sport

Help needed, i was fitting the aux wire i purchsed from ebay to my car before i recive my stream mp3 headunit, i unscrewed the heater controls and as i pulled them out the and nob that controls where the air should come out of has some sort of spring behind it that dissconnected to whatever it should connect to, what i want to know is where and what am i suposed to re connect it to?