What has been the single best modification you have done to your Superb?

Really simple one, as per the title really.

Any reason at all, be it smiles per gallon, bang for buck, something simple but effective.

What is the single best thing you have changed on your Superb from how you received it and why?

Best & almost the first mod I did... Swapped the factory fitted 5N0035730D bluetooth module for a 3C8035730D module.

This gave me Wifi via rSAP & bluetooth music streaming for Spotify + track/artist info on the head unit & maxidot :thumbup:

Not sure I will even have a Bluetooth module on my SE when I pick it up in just over a week.

Well the previous owner swapped the bolero for a nasty £100 pioneer double din, not sure I'll put a Skoda HU back in as the columbus is starting to look a little dated, but I will look at units that support this rSAP stuff, sounds very good indeed.

• Like 1

If you start a thread for the second best mod, I'll say swapping the 4 spoke MFSW for the 3 spoke DSG MFSW with flappy paddles... :D

3rd best... 4 x Team Heiko wind deflectors.

4th best... Rear OEM window blinds.

I've abandoned DSG this time for 6 Speed Manual, but looking at your signature Simbo, you have the 1.8tsi as mine will be.

Happy to hear all thoughts on mods generally as I am prepping a shopping list.

• Like 1

Beaded seat covers seem popular, along with Taxi signs :)

Once the big Turbo is fitted those beaded seat covers might be a little sore as I'm thrown back in the seat by 320 lbs ft and 300bhp+.

Where to sir? The skoda dealer to trade in your Celica for a Superb? Of course sir.

Once the big Turbo is fitted those beaded seat covers might be a little sore as I'm thrown back in the seat by 320 lbs ft

Where to sir?

Bluetooth ear piece, journey cost calculator and a coke can with egg and bacon sandwich on the dash :rofl::giggle::notme:
  • Like 1

Adding the cruise control display to the maxidot on my FL. Gives stored speed, whether active or not active, and the rocker on the stalk adjusts it in 1mph increments both up and down. 

Adding the cruise control display to the maxidot on my FL. Gives stored speed, whether active or not active, and the rocker on the stalk adjusts it in 1mph increments both up and down.

Hi cnc

How did you do this?

• Like 1

Oh yeah, that... 8th best mod! :thumbup::D

Have free access to a VagCom cable so will be having a play with footwell lights, MPH display and all those other FOC goodies as soon as I have the car.

LED's ordered for a full kit out.

Sorting new set of mats and boot mat, possibly also a couple of nets to save things winging around the 'normous carry space.

Have to check on the all important (oh-so-costly-to-replace) brolly.

May bid on a Columbus a member on here is selling after all as the double din looks a shade out of place looking over the dealer photos again. That or look for a second hand Kenwood DNX, but these are pricey.

• Like 1

Hmm equal best is:

1) Fitted electric PTC boost heater

1) Fitted reversing camera for Columbus

1) Enabled rear boot close by interior button

Not sure which was better-er.

Edited by wokwon
  • Like 1

Hi cnc

How did you do this?

As Simbo has posted, either get someone with VCDS or ask your dealer to activate it. I guess they deactivate some features available to distance it from VW - I had it in my last Passat and find it really useful.

Thanks for posting up the details Simbo.

• Like 2

Think this might be my next thing to be asked for at a Brisky meet. :) :) :)

Cheers

Dave.

Think that only works for 1.8 petrol engine, certainly doesn't work for 2.0 CR140 CFFB engine (I tried it).

Think that only works for 1.8 petrol engine, certainly doesn't work for 2.0 CR140 CFFB engine (I tried it).

Mine was fine, I have a 2013 diesel FL.

Being a very lazy person these days, just added sheepskin in the back to make the Superb more superb.

Right Zee, either

1. you're 'avin a laugh? :p

or

2. all passengers must leave their footwear by the roadside?? :p :p

• Like 2

All I added were brighter headlamp bulbs in the halogen lamps......H3 and H7...... Oh, and a SDHC card for the Amundsen radio for my entire music collection.

• Like 1

A fitted boot mat in my estate to keep the **** off the carpet! Useful as I moved around a ton of concrete and paving to the tip in my 3 week old car! :(

• Like 1

Right Zee, either

1. you're 'avin a laugh? :p

or

2. all passengers must leave their footwear by the roadside?? :p :p

No laugh - SWMBO likes to sit in the back with her shoes off. She says it makes her feel all ?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Like 1