What has been the single best modification you have done to your Superb?

So my ABS module P/N is 1K0 907 379 BD, which equates to PR-1AT, UG0/UG3, meaning I don't have HHC, but do have XDS, is that correct ?

Although when I click on adaption, XDS comes up as ERROR, channel 36 not available ?

Also my instruments software is H20 0420, so I can't have the CC speed displayed on the MFD

I think the required software level was 0406 wasn't it?

Cheers

Dave.

If you get an error with XDS "not available", it means your ABS pump doesn't support it. UG3 means no HHC OR XDS.

So my ABS module P/N is 1K0 907 379 BD, which equates to PR-1AT, UG0/UG3, meaning I don't have HHC, but do have XDS, is that correct ?

Although when I click on adaption, XDS comes up as ERROR, channel 36 not available ?

I am in the process of retrofitting a tacho concerning the cruise control display thing, will update tomorrow. 

Flashing a tacho version is possible, but I know what it takes. And I wouldn't recommend it.

• Like 1

Anyone fancy a guess at which ABS pump I will be getting on a 2011 1.8tsi 4x4 twin door?

Would be nice to have the XDS to tinker with for track and fast road.

No simple lucky guess, you need to connect your car to VCDS and then you will be sure what you have.

There is a more then one version of pumps, as you see in above posts...

• Like 1

No simple lucky guess, you need to connect your car to VCDS and then you will be sure what you have.

There is a more then one version of pumps, as you see in above posts...

I know you need To confirm via VCDS, if a visual can't be done.

So you think it's utterly random as to what ends up on which car.

That sees a little too chaotic to believe, especially as these are two potentially valuable features.

As a pure guess I fancy mine will have XDS available

Did you ask about 5th, 6th & 7th best mods? Oh good. Thought so... :D

LED fog light bulbs (for cornering/reverse purposes + CH/LH lights)

LED DRLs - just look nicer than the sickly yellow.

LEDs for all the internal, footwell, door & boot lights.

Glad you asked! :no: :yes:

Where did you get the LED's from, looked on Ebay, there are so many to chose from, don't know which ones would be best.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Wokwon,

I am looking to add a reversing camera to my Columbus system but unsure of how easy it is to connect.  Is there a direct Yellow video input for the TV tuner on the back?  Any details on how you fitted your, parts, etc. would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hello Wokwon,

I am looking to add a reversing camera to my Columbus system but unsure of how easy it is to connect.  Is there a direct Yellow video input for the TV tuner on the back?  Any details on how you fitted your, parts, etc. would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Try this thread 

I used a camera off a Tiguan but if you can find a camera/boot handle off a Yeti you might not need to cut things apart.

Have free access to a VagCom cable so will be having a play with footwell lights, MPH display and all those other FOC goodies as soon as I have the car.

LED's ordered for a full kit out.

Sorting new set of mats and boot mat, possibly also a couple of nets to save things winging around the 'normous carry space.

Have to check on the all important (oh-so-costly-to-replace) brolly.

May bid on a Columbus a member on here is selling after all as the double din looks a shade out of place looking over the dealer photos again. That or look for a second hand Kenwood DNX, but these are pricey.

Hi Bud, Ive used both and chucked my DNX away and went back to an RNS510 (Columbus) as I found it to be a much better unit

Best mod must be installing an Amundsen+ with built in bluetooth. Second is OEM detachable towbar. Activated hillhold and XDS as well.

Bluetooth with WiFi...supplements the RSAP/Premium from my Galaxy 5. But also now have reliable web data for Co-Pilot real time traffic (much better than Columbus TMC) and speed cam data. Family love it to as they can log on during long journeys. Cost 90 quid from Fleabay, straight swap with three screws, and immediately recognised on system. FAB!