Confirmation required - stereo fitting

Afternoon, hope I am posting this in the right place but apologies if I haven't.

I am installing a Pioneer MVH-X360BT later this afternoon and will be changing the speakers at a later date, but I'm not planning on an amplifier or sub-woofer at any stage. I have read the guides and posts that talk about swapping the switched/permanent live cables (red/yellow wires) around on the wiring loom/ISO adapter and a Halfrauds monkey advised me to do it too. I think I have done it correctly but would really appreciate confirmation from someone who knows a little more about this than I do (see photo attached). I changed it over on the bullet connectors rather than on either of the plugs, that's right isn't it?

Final question, can anyone see any issues with using the stereo with the existing speakers (except their output/ohms are no doubt much lower than what the stereo can deliver; think there are 8 of them too in the mk1 fabia vRS) for the time being until I swap the speakers out?

Cheers

post-120136-0-94303900-1407502937_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Dont worry about the stereo head unit putting out more than the speaker rating.  Its when you get it the other way round you cause damage as under powered head units (of which there's few these days) cause clipping which will destroy tweeters by pussing square wave distortion through them.

I'm looking to change my symphony CDP in my Mk1 Fabia VRS too (currently with 6CD changer under seat) and wondered whether the auxiliary input on after market head units can be used with CD changers (I doubt it) but worth asking what you've done?

underpowering or overpowering. Neither cause any damage. Its the user turning the headunit up past the point of clipping.

Its very unlikely the oem cd changer will work. Most headunits now have usb ect so you wont even need a cd changer

Precisely, which is more often done using an under powered unit.

I was sort of expecting most new head units doing away with CD, so I'll look for a used unit in that case.  

• 1 month later...

Any ideas why, after switching the constant and the ignition wires, that the radio would only turn on when the ignition is turned on? Weak battery?

I'm having some power issues with my aftermarket double din kenwood (like it shutting down completely and needed the fuse to be removed and reinserted to bring it back to life...).

Any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated.