Front heated windscreen retrofit to Superb MK2

Hello

Annybody tried to retrofit front heated windscreen to a Superb MK2 ?

Here we have a very cold winters and lots of snow in my area...so thinking of getting this, or minimum a front PTC heater...

For retrofit a PTC I have complete guide found so no issue about that...

P.s.

I know that they both drow lot of current...

Thx

;)

You have my attention  :D

I know of several people who retrofitted this to a Passat 3C. Things you will need;

1. BCU that supports the function Heated Windscreen.

2. The heated screen

3. New clima panel with the correct button.

4. Wiring

For the wiring, you need to fix a new relay next to your ECU. Wiring from the relay to your fusebox (where you put the 60A fuse for the windshield heater). Wiring from the motor (6mm²) to the relay, from the relay 2 x 4mm² to each side of the windshield. Mass you can take from any point. 1 More masscable for the relay, and 1 wire from the BCU to the relay.

I must say, I have not yet seen a Superb owner retrofit this...so there might be differences, I don't know.

Here's a list of parts for the Passat 3C;

k0gfo4.jpg

You also probably have to do some coding with VCDS, for instance for the power management (which switches large consumers off when there is not enough current available).

Personally I think adding the heated windscreen might be almost as expensive as adding an auxiliary heater (which is something much more, so it's easier to find a garage with experience.)

Additional auxillary heater (or PTC) is not so expensive, arround 150-200 EUR per pc (for E revision, connect via CAN BUS, not releys). To fit it is not hard at all. Few friends of mine fitted them to their O2 (pre-FL anf FL), working fine.

For this project of retrofit the front heated windscreen on SuperB I have allready sourced/find some of parts, on eBay you can find a lot of the things.

But it is much more expensive to do it then fit the just PTC.

One my friend allready have heated front windscreen in SuperB, factory fitted, coding should not be problem then... I have VCDS...

;)

Windscreen is expensive ... :wacko:

If I will have some luck (and $) to source all the parts 'and' windscreen then I would love to go for this project :rolleyes:

But I would for sure need professiomal workshop help...to fit/glue for me new windscreen...

If you have some link maybe with example on 3C Passat retrofit, fire it up ;)

Here you have all for the front PTC;

Golf MK V:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113468

SuperB 3T: (step by step guide is a 1.2 Mb .pdf file attached in one post)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/220727-option-code-or-part-number-for-ptc-heater-element/

;)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've tought about this... But I have webasto park heating, so I dont get a right climapanel.. Because its heated windscreen, or webasto button.

Can I use the heated windscreen panel and just use my remote control or the maxidot to start the webasto? Or will it throw any codes?

• 1 month later...