How to replace Heater resistor pack in Fabia with lidless glove boxes

Here are a few notes for anyone attempting to change the heater resistor on this model!

First remove the pen holder if you pull at the bottom it will break.  Use a small screwdriver to lift the catches at the bottom and hinge out upwards.

Remove the passengers airbag, three large torx screws ease the assembly out of the top of the dashboard I did not unplug it, just place on the top of the dashboard.

Have a peer in the hole and locate the resistor pack. Squeeze the locking tabs on the plug and pull out the plug. grasp the unit and turn anticlockwise to remove.

If the replacement is a non Skoda part you may find it a very tight fit i.e. won't turn to lock into place. I filed a little off the tabs and applied a tiny amount of grease to the tabs, it then fitted.

Push in the plug till it clicks and test OK!

Carefully replace the airbag assy replace the three torx screws clip back the pen holder Job Done!

Hope this helps John