maxidot or not

Hi and hello to all. I am new to Skoda ownership and have bee asked if my 60 plate 1.6tdi CD elegance has maxidot. How do I tell if it has or not is my question. Thanks in advance

• 7 months later...

On some models it is standard fit or can be specced from new. However, it is possible to retro fit, a number of folk on here have done it. You'll probably need new instrument binnacle and some VCDS magic.

• Like 1

Hi and hello to all. I am new to Skoda ownership and have bee asked if my 60 plate 1.6tdi CD elegance has maxidot. How do I tell if it has or not is my question. Thanks in advance

Facelift?

Elegance?

I'm sure you'll have Maxidot fitted as standard.

IF the little info window is all LCD (lit up and coloured) and not half LCD (black and white) with individual coloured lights below then it's Maxidot.

Maxidot -

Y13-113.png

Not Maxidot -

DSC_0223_zpsa37df88b.jpg

• Like 1

This is true for pre-FL, but not for FL (2009>).

On the FL the display is identical on non-Maxidot and Maxidot cars, it is just on Maxidot you get greater accessibility in terms of menu's and options.

But still he can have DOT, not MAXIDOT, only DOT, which is all black, but has no animation etc!

We know, what is your point?

What we have been able to determine so far is that the OP's car will not have had Maxidot fitted as standard here in the UK, it was a cost option on the Elegance spec.

Until the OP returns and confirms what menu options he has it is impossible to know for sure.