My Old Yeti

James I

Well, some of you know about my old high mileage Yeti, it is going to the Auction at Brighouse on Friday this week as it has come to the end of the three years lease. Approx 130,000 miles on it and still on the original front pads and discs, clutch, engine, diff, gearbox and cam belt!

I will be seeing it on Friday so will get some pictures.  Keep an eye out for a bargain, DF11JZG

• Like 1

It's also Augusts pin-up :D

Yes, the calendar does look good this month  :thumbup:   That picture was up in the highlands, across towards Torridon and Applecross area last summer.

• Like 2

Yeti was collected from Leeds last Friday, it is now on an airfield somewhere near Lutterworth awaiting its sale through the auction.

Exact mileage is 130,489 when it left Leeds, it is need of front pads and discs, it will also need a new dual mass as the one that is on is making a noise when the engine stops, I also noticed a rubbing noise coming from the engine when it was ticking over.

• 2 months later...

Your old Yeti has made a reappearance at British Car Auctions at Blackbush! It's going through on oct 31st....

Really, the guy that bought it in Nottingham bought it for £8,500 + costs, he had it advertised for £10,000 obviously with no interest.

It won't seem so bad when they offer way over book for the partexchange?

Most people don't really know what they should be paying for the car they are looking at, it is an impulse buy, but they do know what their own car is likely to be worth so are keen to deal when they are offered more than they expect, forgetting it is the cost to change which is the important thing....

• Like 1

The seller bought the car in at £8500 plus fees. So £1500 to transport, advertise, store, prepare, finance ..time energy etc... not a lot of wriggle room there on a PX.

Even at £8500 its still well over the top in my book with that many miles on.

Yes it may have a FSH but what about all the wear & tear to the rest of the moving parts?

I for one go on the likes of Whatcar to find out prices of cars I'm looking at & how much mine is worth to get an idea od the cost to change

• 2 months later...

It still hasn't found a new owner!!!! It's back on BCA,s website up for auction on the 28th at Blackbush....

In all honesty the car drove really well when it went back, if it goes for a sensible price it would be a good car for somebody.