RNS-510 Columbus sat nav with LED screen and Octavia dash trim

colsand

I have sold my Octavia and I was going to hang onto the Columbus in case I got another Skoda, as it's a genuine one out of a UK car, but that's not likely to happen for a few years so no point in it sitting around.

It's an LED screen Columbus with the mic button at the top right- part number 3T0 035 680 A and it is on SW 2764. It has a manufacture date of June 2010. The security code comes with it and it has 7 digit postcode search. It is in excellent condition. The security labels on the body are all intact.

Included is the Columbus itself, a twin antenna adapter, a manual and some invoices. One is from Skoda for £1610 showing the car it was removed from which was getting a new unit fitted under insurance (2010 Superb). Another is from a Skoda dealer near me for getting the security code once I had bought it and one for the dash trim panel. It had a new LED screen fitted in 2011. Hopefully all this paperwork will show it is a genuine unit.

The silver dash trim is for pre facelift Mk 2 Octavias. I had a vrs but I'm assuming the panel will fit other Octavias with the same climate controls. It is part number 1Z0 858 069 R 2AU

I have bought a new FAKRA sat nav antenna which will be included. You might need someone with vcds to code in that the car has nav now. After coding it worked with my Maxidot and you get directions up on that if you are using the navigation which was quite useful. I never used the hard drive for music or anything, I always just used an SD card for MP3's. If you have an AUX input or CD changer it should work with them as both worked straight away when I fitted the Columbus.

If you need any other pictures or anything else, just give me a shout.

£400.

IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2209.jpg

Might help with the sale if the buyer knows they can get a new firmware that does radio text as well.

Any newer firmware only really adds things if you have DAB (which this isn't).

The Columbus has 2 white aerial inputs and the blue GPS input. The original Stream stereo just has the one aerial input so the adapter gives both Columbus inputs a signal. I'm not exactly sure why this is but some stuff I had read suggested it's to do with receiving AM/FM and traffic information signals at the same time. I don't know if you would get away with just the one aerial plug going into it as I had already bought the adapter before installing it so it will come with the stereo.

I'm guessing cars which have the Columbus from the factory must have 2 cables running from the aerial or something. 

Any FL Octavia fitted with a Bolero (or Amundsen or Swing and possibly others since 2009/10) will have 2 antenna as standard. One on the roof and one on the rear windscreen or rear side window (estate).

Pre-FL 's only had one antenna: a whip on the roof.

If this is connected to the FM connector on the Columbus (antenna 2: the one nearest the GPS plug) you'll get decent FM reception and weak TMC.

The 1:2 adapter is designed to fool the Columbus into thinking both antenna are connected. This may, in some cases, remove the 'Open Circuit' fault that will show on the antenna socket not connected, but is not definite. It will not allow AM reception on antenna 1 though and will make no difference to reception as the diversity function is effectively using exactly the same antenna / aerial.

• Like 1