My new Superb estate

Hello, everyone,

I would like to introduce my new Superb estate.

It is 1.8 Tsi with DSG

I ordered the car in the beginning of June and it was delivered on the last week of July so I was very happy with the delivery time.

There is special offers for Ambition trim level in Lithuania at the moment, so it was much cheaper for me to order the middle trim package and add the required option to the car than order the Elegance trim level. So here are the options that I added to the car:

Metallic paint

Rear side airbags

Net to separate boot from the interior

Sun blinds for rear side windows

Net set for the boot

Boot floor with integrated rails

Sunset windows

Electrically operated seat from drivers side 

Acoustic parking system in the front and rear

Bolero radio

Sound system with 10 speakers

Leather interior

Ventilated seats

Panoramic roof

Electric boot lid

KESSY

Autonomic heater

Extended warranty to 5 years or 150 000 km

post-119004-0-08976600-1407912694_thumb.jpg

post-119004-0-28519100-1407912707_thumb.jpg

post-119004-0-37168600-1407912720_thumb.jpg

post-119004-0-57107900-1407912730_thumb.jpg

post-119004-0-78925000-1407912738_thumb.jpg

Prior this Superb I had 2008 twin door 2.0 TDI 103kw DSG

I was choosing from quite a lot of car models, but Skoda has made a car that suites my needs so well, that I had to return to superb for another 5 years.

I made almost 1000 km with my new car and I am very happy with my engine choice. The DSG acted strangely firs 500 km but now it is very smooth.

Edited by Kestutis

:clap:  Very nice.

Any pictures of the ventilated seats (never seen those)?

Intresting to see the Pirelli P7s are still the factory fit tyres. That's what came on my 2012 registered SE estate (combi).

Enjoy :yes:

Intresting to see the Pirelli P7s are still the factory fit tyres. That's what came on my 2012 registered SE estate (combi).

Exactly what I was thinking! The original rear P7's on my 2011 SE Twindoor are about shot (48,000 miles!) and I am toying with the idea of another set of the Pirelli's or Goodyear Efficientgrip's. 

Exactly what I was thinking! The original rear P7's on my 2011 SE Twindoor are about shot (48,000 miles!) and I am toying with the idea of another set of the Pirelli's or Goodyear Efficientgrip's. 

Good feedback. My car's on 22K and the rears look good for the same again which ties in with your findings. My car has fresh goodyear eagle F1 assy.2 tyres on the front and they give beautiful feedback through the wheel and are nice and grippy but not overly hard the way some sports tyres can be.

Oops. Thread hi-jack. Sorry, got carried away there. :x

Nice car and I hope you enjoy it!

Interesting specification as we usually tend to go to the next model up as a cheaper way of getting the extra toys we want.  You bought the car just as the extreme heat wave in Lithuania came to an end, so you won't be able to see how effective the ventilated seats are in a very hot car!

We're off to Lithuania in 2 weeks time (driving there, of course), and we'll be in the country for 10 days from the evening of 31 August, so keep a look out for a UK registered Superb and give a wave if you see us!  Must buy a few beers in Poland on our way to drink on our first full day there as I assume you still can't buy alcohol on 1 September?

• Like 1

We're off to Lithuania in 2 weeks time (driving there, of course), and we'll be in the country for 10 days from the evening of 31 August, so keep a look out for a UK registered Superb and give a wave if you see us!  Must buy a few beers in Poland on our way to drink on our first full day there as I assume you still can't buy alcohol on 1 September?

Yes, on Sept 1 you cannot buy alcohol. 

And be careful, because driving in bigger towns during first two weeks of September is little bit chaotic, as many students come from smaller towns after summer vacation and are trying to get use to traffic. 

Otherwise enjoy your stay and if some advise is needed please let me know. 

• Like 1

Yes, on Sept 1 you cannot buy alcohol. 

And be careful, because driving in bigger towns during first two weeks of September is little bit chaotic, as many students come from smaller towns after summer vacation and are trying to get use to traffic. 

Otherwise enjoy your stay and if some advise is needed please let me know. 

Thank you LS108.  I hope I don't sound like an alcholic, but after such a long journey it's nice to chill out and spend the day relaxing and have a beer.

I think I'll be OK as I've done the journey before and I'm used to driving in your country, but I'll certainly take you up on your offer if I need help.

And apologies to Kestutis for hijacking your thread!

:clap:  Very nice.

Any pictures of the ventilated seats (never seen those)?

Enjoy :yes:

Here is a picture of the front seat where you can see the switch of the ventilation

post-119004-0-19776300-1408007922_thumb.jpg

The rear seats are perforated as well, but they are not ventelated.

Hope it will be easy to clean them after one of those journeys when back of the car becomes dinner table for my 2 children :)

post-119004-0-85971100-1408008093_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a picture of the front seat where you can see the switch of the ventilation

attachicon.gif20140813_162635.jpg

The rear seats are perforated as well, but they are not ventelated.

Hope it will be easy to clean them after one of those journeys when back of the car becomes dinner table for my 2 children :)

Lovely, like that interior very much! :thumbup:

It does get easier as the children grow up, all the best in the meantime ;)

Oh, just had a thought, what happens to all the salt from your chips when it falls through the little holes? :giggle:  Does it clogg the blower up? Rot the floorpan? :o

Our L&K has ventilated seats as standard, but we didn't discover the switch until there was a whirring sound with the ignition on but engine off. One of us had accidently knocked the switch! They're quite effective/useful if you're a bit hot and bothered when returning to a hot car.

The rear seats in ours had a dousing in vomit a couple of weeks ago and thankfully none seemed to go through the little perforations.

Yesterday one man (in his 50s) came to me and asked in Russian language if my car was Russian.. I was like "whaaat"? He asked again if it was a LADA... When I told him that it is a ŠKODA, he said that was confused  by the new badge on the bonnet...

When i had my previous car people thought that it was a BMW or VW passat, but this time I was surprised :)))

• Like 1

You bought the car just as the extreme heat wave in Lithuania came to an end, so you won't be able to see how effective the ventilated seats are in a very hot car!

I had a chance to test the ventilated seats for about 2 weeks, when I got the car it was about 35 degrees in Celsius in day time, so I was very happy with this option. I also used the auxiliary heating to  ventilate the car when I was away. (you can set on maxidot to heat the car or to ventilate it.

One thing that i noticed that the sunroof acts like a hot fry pan over your head in such hot days.  

Our L&K has ventilated seats as standard, but we didn't discover the switch until there was a whirring sound with the ignition on but engine off. One of us had accidently knocked the switch! They're quite effective/useful if you're a bit hot and bothered when returning to a hot car.

I use ventilation on the long journeys too. I find it very comfortable to sit for a longer time on ventilated seat.

I also think that these perforated seats are a little softer that the standard with no ventilation.

I also used the auxiliary heating to  ventilate the car when I was away. (you can set on maxidot to heat the car or to ventilate it.

Ookey...I wish I would knew about this possibility a month ago :) 

Do I understand correctly - auxiliary heater just ventilating the car - air conditioner is not involved into action? Does it help to decrease heat inside the car significanlty?

Ookey...I wish I would knew about this possibility a month ago :)

Do I understand correctly - auxiliary heater just ventilating the car - air conditioner is not involved into action? Does it help to decrease heat inside the car significanlty?

Yes, you are right. The auxiliary heater only ventilates the car, but the heat decreases especially if the car is parked in the sun. Also if you were using the air con before you leave the car (or turn off the engine) cold air is blown from the vents for some time.

When i remember the heat that was in Lithuania few days ago I am sorry to hear that you did not know about this feature...

Waxed the car on the weekend. 

post-119004-0-18190700-1408391058_thumb.jpg

post-119004-0-79341400-1408391071_thumb.jpg

Used the Sonax wax. It will do until Sonax BDS will arrive.

Maybe anyone has idea how to preserve paint in winter? Most of the winters here is a lot of snow so salt, sand and sometimes other chemicals is poured on the road for better grip. All these things damages the paint when they get on the car. Should I use some wax or other material? 

Edited by Kestutis

The DSG acted strangely firs 500 km but now it is very smooth.

Thanks for metioning that, The DSG box on mine has been quite tempremental, mine had 70 miles on it at new driven by a complete ***** who averaged 26.1mpg.. After 500 miles I think it has now settled down ..... my driving is more of the 47.9 mpg.. :)

• 3 months later...

The weather was not very nice in Lithuania these days, so I decided to get rear mud flaps for my superb to decrease dirt on the back of the car. Will see if it will help. I came to the dealer 20 minutes before they were supposed to close so none could install them on my car. I did it my self.  The installation took about 30 minutes and the cost of the mud flaps were only 10 GBP.

post-119004-0-19530900-1416693248_thumb.jpg

• Like 1