Pre paid service plans+ Mechanical warrenty

Thought this would be a good idea when i bought my Superb 06 plate 18 months ago. But the service plan isnt worth the paper its wriiten on, after its last service, i looked at what had been. Looks like the oil was topped up the rest were advisories. Thought when the vehicle was serviced it would cover the basics at least. Not the case up here in Scotland with Arnold Clark.

Advisories

Front pads and discs                   £ 259.00 genuine seat parts or £ 179.40 value parts

Timing belt no history of change  £ 369.00 + water pump £498.00

Brake fluid change                       £ 49.00

Advise fuel additive                      £ 16.80      no mention of dpf fluid (probably dont now its there)

Rear number plate light               £ 42.00

Charged me to put car thru MOT

OSF lower rear arm wishbone bush £ 95.00

Bolt                                                  £ 3.33

Nut                                                   £ 1.99

Nut                                                   £ 2.99

Wheel alignment                              £ 29.00

Labour                                             £ 78.17

Used the mechanical warrenty twice, door latch changed. Central locking was only opening drivers door on both occasions.

Service two carried out after 5 weeks of car getting thru MOT at the same garage.

Advisories

Front pads and discs       £ 259.00 genuine parts

Rear pads and discs        £ 209.00 genuine parts

Drivers seat inop              £ 65.00 to have a look

Window wiper judder        £ 30.00

NSF lower front ( lower arm) has play needs replaced

NS number plate inop corrosion present.

Actual service didnt cover Air filter, pollen filter,Fuel filter all of which were disgusting.

The above jobs have now been done thanks to Euro car parts and Utube lol at a fraction of the quoted costs. Timing belt was done at 44,000 car presently at 66,000.

Since then the Alternator clutch and belt pulleys replaced, thanks to advice on here and Utube.

Shocking.  Changing the oil is a whole 20 minutes work.

I would have thought that over the course of 2 services you would be due air filter at least?

Central locking sounds like a funny one - you do realise often these cars are set to only unlock the driver's door the first time you click the remote, and then you click again to release the rest?

Is this one of those lovely 'inspection' services?  :dull:

Were it not for the fact you're in Scotland, I'd happily look at your car seat for a mere £30.  In fact, as a special offer, can I just let everyone know I'm happy to look at all four seats for £30.  Please add photos to photo bucket to avoid the need for me to travel, then make payment via Paypal.

Cretins.

Gaz

While you are at it, feel free to break a random piece of trim or clip in your vehicle for that lifelike "just been serviced" feeling. :-p

• Like 1