Lowering with parking sensors?

I'm thinking about lowering but I cant see my self avoiding and scraping it where the kerbs are at the front of the car at parking bays etc

like this

0074548.jpg

so i'm thinking low parking sensors with a switch to activate/deactivate

Has anyone done this?

Which kit do you recommend?

Any guides?

I think you'd need to set it up so perfectly that if you were reversing down/up a slight incline, or had people in the car, or a full/empty tank etc it would knock it off sync and it'd pick up the ground.  As a side note I have a FF reversing camera in my car (not a Skoda) and while it's rubbish for reversing up to a hedge the same height as the boot etc, it's fantastic at reversing up to a marked line in a car park, or a kerb, or a post.  Would it be possible to have something similar forward facing?

I know I've got an Octavia, but it's lowered 30mm with standard Skoda sensors in the correct locations and that picks up kerbs front & rear quite well.

I'll get the beeps until I'm almost on the continuous one and then it shuts up as the bumper passes over the top of the kerb.

On higher kerbs, or lower car, I expect it would pick them up just like it would a wall.

HTH

• Like 2

I know I've got an Octavia, but it's lowered 30mm with standard Skoda sensors in the correct locations and that picks up kerbs front & rear quite well.

I'll get the beeps until I'm almost on the continuous one and then it shuts up as the bumper passes over the top of the kerb.

On higher kerbs, or lower car, I expect it would pick them up just like it would a wall.

HTH

that is exactly what I want!

can you get pics so I can see where the sensors are positioned on your car

that is exactly what I want!

can you get pics so I can see where the sensors are positioned on your car

I'll try to get some tomorrow for you, but they are in the standard location for an Octavia (i.e. Just below the black rub strip and above the fog lights - on the front).