Best led rear lights ?

See a post on here of a face lift octavia vrs with the Chinese rear led lights and they look cool and oem, I've seen the dectane ones and not sure bout them!

Who's got these lights and who can recommend good ones? Or do they do the Chinese ones for a 08 pre fl vrs?

Any help or info guys

Dectane

Got them myself and not had a problem (on pre-FL Mk2 estate)

cheers for the reply which one did u choose there so many on there? Is the indicator led aswell? Did u go clear or tinted ?

This is a video Brimma made to show a comparison....

http://s670.photobucket.com/user/thebrymar/media/LED%20lights/SAM_1080.mp4.html

The "dance" occurs at 16 seconds is the diagnostic taking place. As LEDs take less time to illuminate than filament you can actually see how the diagnostic runs. ;)

This is a video Brimma made to show a comparison....

http://s670.photobucket.com/user/thebrymar/media/LED%20lights/SAM_1080.mp4.html

The "dance" occurs at 16 seconds is the diagnostic taking place. As LEDs take less time to illuminate than filament you can actually see how the diagnostic runs. ;)

is that the dectane ones? That is so cool might have to get some of them, are they easy to fit? Like plug and play or some fiddling involved? Would look good with led reverse lights :)

I didn't realise that the Dectane clusters weren't 'plug and play'. The blown-bulb warning would annoy me after a while and I guess cause issues come MOT time.

This is on my Superb but the process for the Octavia genuine clusters is the same. Adding resistors sounds complicated but it is far easier and quicker than it sounds...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/317380-skoda-superb-mkii-pre-facelift-led-rear-light-cluster-conversion/

I debated LED's on my car, but in the end decided not to. I'd always assumed the Dectane clusters were plug & play. I'd be pretty upset if I'd spent all that money and then had to faf about with resistors to stop warning lights coming on.

Good spot, they even provide a picture of the resistors (gold rectangles)...

rsk03lrc_rs.jpg

To far "clear" for my point of view/taste....

On a vRS I have seen a Decrane smoke/black rear LED lamps fitted, on a RaxeBlue color...and this is perfect combination....

If you have a picture with theese "clear" lamps fitted...please upload...

To be fair I think I had a warning light BEFORE the Dectanes went on, so it may not have been them which caused it

That's because the warning is a gold colour on the black background :p

You need to get the icon changed to the JPS logo ;) ;)

As the name suggests, the black/smoke is dark black and the red/smoke is more red

I was worried that the black/smoke would be too dark to emit a decent light, but as it turns out they are brighter probably than the standard lights

No problems with my Dectanes , however from the information from Dectane , not all Octavia's are the same. So when buying make sure that you get the correct ones for you car ...Not just Fl and pre-Fl , but for example the VRs and Scout versions are diffrent from the normal Octavia. Mine were plug & play after i double checked with Dectane before ordering.