Fabia vrs mkII fuel filter replacement.

Carl1990

Hi guys,

Was just wondering has anyone got a guide on how to replace the fuel filter on the mk 2 vrs. Also any tips on removing the three connections?

Any advice would be great.

Edited by Carl1990

• 4 months later...

A bit late, but, did you ever replace that fuel filter, as far as I know, after depressurising the fuel line - run engine with pump fuse out, use something or maybe even a proper pair of fuel filter pliers to press down on the "two pegs" of the locking sleeve and pull the pipes off.  I bought a "Laser Tools" tool to do that (some time in the future - too cold right now!), but being pessimistic, I have also bought a "repair kit" from VAG in case I have problems as the car is 12 years/103K miles old - also, for convenience I am also replacing the fuel regulator as this car (Polo 1.4 16v) has that connected directly to the back of the filter - or is that front?

Non "technical guide" postings should really get dumped into the main Fabia forum section - for the future.

• 10 months later...

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah I ended up changing it. Was a very easy job in the end. Just had a little accident when I started my car up to leak check. Didn't clip the return line on properly and it blew off.