Reverse Light Sensor? HELPP!

Hi, Basically I noticed my reverse lights were not working so I checked the bulbs and they were fine. So I checked the fuses and they were fine. I then read about the sensor underneath the gearbox. I removed the under tray and had a look. Basically the wires have detached from the sensor itself. I took the sensor out and I couldn't figure out how to reattach the wires. Do I need a new sensor or is there another way?

Please any help would be appreciated 

Thank You

It's a common problem. There is a plug that goes into the reversing light switch, the wires tend to snap off the plug. I think you can buy a new plug with attached wires that you just join up to your old wires.

Thanks for your help! Really appreciate it. I took the plug off the switch and the product code matches exactly (1J0973702) so I assume its the correct part.

My engine code is AQW but the product code is the same so it should fit right?

Yeah mate the wires come off the plug itself.

Thanks

Thanks for your help! Really appreciate it. I took the plug off the switch and the product code matches exactly (1J0973702) so I assume its the correct part.

My engine code is AQW but the product code is the same so it should fit right?

Yeah mate the wires come off the plug itself.

Thanks

If your Fabia is a 1.2 it's definitely not the AQW engine. That's the 1.4 MPI engine.

Anyway, if the part number matches it will certainly fit :thumbup:

And you're welcome :)

Ok brilliant will get that ordered asap.

Are you sure? because the first page on my service book there's a sticker and it says AQW. I first thought it could have been a different cars service book but no it has my Registration on the second page. I think there's another copy of that sticker next to the spare tyre so will have a look tomorrow. 

My car came with full service history so do you reckon some one who owned it before has made a fake service book? 

I don't know but check the other sticker under the boot carpet.  AQW is definitely 1.4 MPI (I have that engine myself).

97886550.png

Yes you were right it was AWY on the car itself.

Anyway quick update.

I ordered the part on eBay and fitted it. Still no luck. So took it to a local auto electrician and he told me it was the sensor itself and quoted me £25 including fitting. So I had that done and they started working again. Thats the good news. The bad news is I was driving back from Alton Towers yesterday and my dad seen that the reverse light keeps coming on when im driving normally. Dont know why. It comes on for a few seconds then goes off again. Came on a few times on the way home. Looks like i will have to take it back to him. Could it be a dodgy sensor? 

Any help will be appreciated!

Thankyou

It's either the wrong switch or it's screwed in too tight or too slack. Sounds like it's getting actuated by other gears instead of just reverse.

Back the car up against a wall/garage door, switch the ignition on and go through the gears. Do the reverse lights come on in any of the gears other than reverse?

Do you know if he fitted a genuine Skoda switch? Part number for your switch should be 02T945415P

Ive gone threw the gears and its fine. Only came on while driving home. Im not sure if its a genuine part to be honest. Im going to have to take it back to him and get it sorted. 

Cant believe the hassle over a reverse light!! 

Thankfully its all fixed now! Took it back to him and he put a washer on to it. So far it has worked fine! 

Thanks for all your help really appreciate it. 

No probs. Glad it's sorted :thumbup: