New Fabia Now on Skoda's Website

A Photograph of an actual real car would be nice to see, one pictured in all its glory, Metal, Paint, Glass, Plastic and rubber.

"One what we built earlier."

george

No Flagship model vRD or vRS!

SHAME ON YOU SKODA, what has happened to your Sporting Aspirations and giving even the minority Customers what they want!

All the parts are in the VAG component box and I'm afraid that SEAT will steal the sporting marc. 

Edited by vrskeith

The Photoshop done by a member in the Fabia III section looks really good. Very Fabia RS 2015

I note it is still the 'New Fabia',  and Skoda are still not calling it a Skoda Fabia Mk3.

Emotional, Crisper, Sportier.Youthful,  It is a language thing that seems to get lost in Translation.

Can they not call it a Mk3 with any conviction or honesty if it has not required New Type Approval because it is just a Face Lifted MK2 Face Lift & basically just the same Platform.

I reckon they have lots of Opportunity in the Future with the Estate / Combi / Spaceback Versions for installing & Offering more Powerful engines,

Like 140 - 150ps Monte Carlo / Outdoor Models in Diesel & Cylinder On Demand Petrols, Manual & Semi Auto DSG's.

george

• Like 1

I cant see the link, but i found these on the facebook page.

I like it. Looks miles better than the pictures of the prototype. Especially at the back end.

Edit: im sure a i can see the shape in the bumper where the defuser would go on the monte version.

post-109845-0-90617800-1408446218_thumb.jpg

post-109845-0-26874100-1408446235_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

From what I read, Skoda have no plans to re-introduce the Fabia VRS models, as their sales of Octy VRS are higher now.  The issues with the gen 2's TSi units I dont think helped their cause, but in any event, that seems to be it for the Fabia VRS.  All Furby VRS owners can now sit nice and smug knowing that they have the only ones left. :D  No real surprises to see the larger diesels dropped from the range as the new small engines are meant to be all about emmissione control and economy.  Doesn't seem to make them any more reliable, long term (quite the opposite) so I reckon earlier gen 1 models in good condition will hold their value well.  Personally, I dont like the styling of the new models from the front.  Not really that distinctive from the plethora of angular small cars on the market today.  From the rear, it still strongly resembles the gen 1 Fabia, and that in my book is a good thing.

Edited by SEVrs
  • Like 1

There is a lack of Warm / Hot Small Estates available in the UK at under £17,000 or even £19,000.

There is a market for them and Seat have gone some way towards it, & Ford might well, 

but Skoda were just not promoting the Fabia vRS Estate enough.

The New Fabia Estate might well be a hit for Company / Business & Private users in a Warm version, and they do not need to use the name 'vRS', 

it is how they go that matters more than what they name them.

Just give them some go rather than their current thinking of 'Show without go' is good enough for the UK Skoda small car Buyers.

george

• Like 2

I've just posted on their facebook page, that they cant keep saying "sportier" in all the blurb without a vRS model. Maybe they need a dictionary..... 110bhp max is not sporty.

+1

Not long ago I posted on the fb page for Octavia black edition

For me,a black edition is a fire breathing amg Merc,not a black diesel hatch with black wheels (or a Dacia duster black for that matter)

Dunno quite what Skoda is thinking of lately!

From what I read, Skoda have no plans to re-introduce the Fabia VRS models, 

Think we need to have a chat with Mr Fox - I rekon he could fill a gap in the market..."MK3 Fabia with an Octavia vRS enigne AND 4 wheel drive? No problem!!"  :devil:  :devil:

What do you say Richard??

• Like 2

will be interesting when we get more details of the full spec and equipment

then what price skoda UK put on it, and how long like the rapid they realise the price is not what people want to pay for the equipment levels

Seen this posted earlier on Facebook of the interior

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skoda-Fabia-Monte-Carlo/297119833637969?fref=ts

Thats quite cool. I see theyve copied the polo with the radio being above the heater dials.

However. Swap the climatronic for dials, and the upgraded stereo to the rns 310, then lose the maxidot and what else.

The basic model wouldnt look so good IMO.

Its very angular too, to match the exterior!

price appears to be from £9945 / £9950 depending on wher you look

spec on top end seems to include

• keyless entry
  • speed limiter
  • infotainment unit out of golf
  • mirror link (display apps from phone on infotainment unit, eg satnav , mp3 player etc)
  • heated seats
  • proper bin in drivers door
  • dedicated space for  hi-vis in drivers door

only problem is the estate is not due for a year after launch :(

It is a matter really of waiting for a Skoda Press release on Prices, Spec, Models and the availability of the Estate Version.

Up to now there has been so much misinformation from that 'Bible' Auto Express and the others.

Here is another side of the story up to now.

http://whatcar.com/car-news/new-2015-skoda-fabia-everything-we-know-so-far/1303854

He says the 'latest set of chassis components; etc etc ,   but he does not say the same 'Platform'  but shorter.

So where does his story come from, compared to the other stuff being told by others.?

Edited by goneoffSKi

price appears to be from £9945 / £9950 depending on wher you look

spec on top end seems to include

• keyless entry
  • speed limiter
  • infotainment unit out of golf
  • mirror link (display apps from phone on infotainment unit, eg satnav , mp3 player etc)
  • heated seats
  • proper bin in drivers door
  • dedicated space for  hi-vis in drivers door

only problem is the estate is not due for a year after launch :(

Nice Spec!...

Looks like 'Push Button' starting too from the above FB pic!!

Thankfully I'm not upgrading for another 2 years!, so the Combi/Estate 'should' be out by then!! :D

Edited by Simoneale1973
  • Like 1

A Skoda proper release of the Facts & Figures will tell the tale,

because they must give out details to their favoured Bloggers and the likes.

http://jomomag.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/after-reveal-of-new-fabia-last-week-we.html

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

It is basically a Face Lift / Update of the Fabia MK2 Face Lift.  

So Volkswagen & Skoda parts bin bits with the addition on something new possibly can be expected.

After all it is being built down to a price and not an All New Platform or anything very technically advanced.

Crispier, Sportier, Spacier, connectivity, emotional, squat, appealing to youth, & cheapish.

As long as it does not squeak or rattle & the dash /dials do not sound like a sweetie paper.  (that could be the crisper bit.)