Octavia Sat Nav and TV

Good evening all, I'm hoping you can help?

I'm in the process of buying an Octavia vrs. It has the Bolero head unit and no phone hands free. I've been looking around and it seems in order to maintain the built in features of the car it is best to stay with manufacturer original kit?

I'd like the unit to have hands free, sat nav and potentially TV. I've seen the Columbus unit. Will it fit? Are there better options?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, welcome to Briskoda :)

Firstly, what year is your vRS?

If you replace the Bolero with a Columbus, you will need a new central fascia, as the units are different shapes. The age of your car and what A/C you have fitted, will dictate what fascia and how much.

Columbus (RNS510) has satnav, and I believe it can do TV input. It doesn't have hands-free itself, you'll need a separate bluetooth module for that.

Amundsen (RNS315) has satnav, and does have the option of bluetooth (and/or DAB), but no option for TV. Has a smaller screen and no option for POI's.

Columbus has a lot of community based support for updates etc. Amundsen needs an SDcard, so either eBay (have been seen for £50) or local dealer (expect to part with around £200).