1.2 htp 12 valve loss of power

Hello I'm new here.

Ive got a Fabia classic 1.2 petrol, and recently started noticing strange loss of power. It happens when it's hot and cold so weather is not the issue. As I'm driving and it hits 2500 rpm it's almost as if the engine dies for a few seconds mostly up to 10 seconds, I would have my foot welded to the floor but no response whatsoever, changing gear up or down usually solves the issue for the time being but it's quite annoying. I've only observed it in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. I've looked online for a while and could not find anything similar, usually with other cars you have to to turn the engine off and when you turn it on is fine. So I wonder what it could be maybe a slight slipping clutch (which I doubt since at that sort of rev I'm getting ready shift up)? Faulty sensor somewhere or ecu problems. To me it seems like a mystery as it doesn't happen all the time some days I can drive 100 miles and wouldn't feel it and oncsome short trip and it happens, but it also happens sometimes on longer trips. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hello I'm new here.

Ive got a Fabia classic 1.2 petrol, and recently started noticing strange loss of power. It happens when it's hot and cold so weather is not the issue. As I'm driving and it hits 2500 rpm it's almost as if the engine dies for a few seconds mostly up to 10 seconds, I would have my foot welded to the floor but no response whatsoever, changing gear up or down usually solves the issue for the time being but it's quite annoying. I've only observed it in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. I've looked online for a while and could not find anything similar, usually with other cars you have to to turn the engine off and when you turn it on is fine. So I wonder what it could be maybe a slight slipping clutch (which I doubt since at that sort of rev I'm getting ready shift up)? Faulty sensor somewhere or ecu problems. To me it seems like a mystery as it doesn't happen all the time some days I can drive 100 miles and wouldn't feel it and oncsome short trip and it happens, but it also happens sometimes on longer trips. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mine did that when the cat was knackered! Sadly I didn't repair the car as it had a mini melt down and is now a project car :)

Catalytic converter! It just seemed to lag and lack power around 2750rpm until you were revving the nuts off of it and felt really restrictive! Get it plugged into VCDS which will show sensor readings

It would stop at 2500 religiously and it would not move up at all, it literally feels as if I'm being pushed back but then again I accelerate and it then happens so I guess that's why it feels as if I'm being pushed back. When you say lag do you mean you stroke the pedal a bit and hear the engine revs in like a second later and not instantly?

It would stop at 2500 religiously and it would not move up at all, it literally feels as if I'm being pushed back but then again I accelerate and it then happens so I guess that's why it feels as if I'm being pushed back. When you say lag do you mean you stroke the pedal a bit and hear the engine revs in like a second later and not instantly?

Yeah sounds like a different issue! My first port of call would be vcds

Ok thank you for your input I do appreciate it. I'm off to bed now. Ill get it tested and see what happens BTW do you recommend local garage or Skoda dealer

Go into the diagnostics section on here and then VCDS owners map and find your nearest who has been online recently and send them a PM and I'm sure they'll be happy to help dealer could cost up to £100 for just a diagnostic check!