Dead flies!

samj2013

How do you guys get rid of them when cleaning your car? Takes ages with a sponge, I considered using the rough side of a dish sponge but I thought it would make a mess of the paint. Any tips?

I tend to suffer more with them on my helmet.... 

I buff it clean with quick detailer....

dbd08cc2-e4d3-4262-99ac-2f1a0fd5c0d8-bes

If you have to ask then you are too young.... (or old)

• Like 2

Eiszett 1z bug remover - ideally bought s a concentrate - spray on liberally onto cold panels and not in the sun, leave to do its magic and then rinse well with a PW. Specifically designed to dissolve organic matter and does brilliantly. Occasionally would get stubborn bits but I just leave those until the next full detail and remove with a clay/mitt as part of the Devon process not a big deal.

• Like 1

Eiszett 1z bug remover - ideally bought s a concentrate - spray on liberally onto cold panels and not in the sun, leave to do its magic and then rinse well with a PW. Specifically designed to dissolve organic matter and does brilliantly. Occasionally would get stubborn bits but I just leave those until the next full detail and remove with a clay/mitt as part of the Devon process not a big deal.

Sounds good - i'll look into getting some 1Z to test.

Never really need it on my car but SWMBO's car does seem to catch a lot of bugs!

I am in the S of France after a 650 mile motorway drive and the front of the Superb is COVERED in mess :(. I brought glass cleaner so have a clean screen again but won't be touching the bodywork until after another 650 miles home, so it's going to be a lot of work to get it sorted again. Trouble is I go away again 24 hours after we get back and the day after I get back from that trip its another for a week.... Glad it had several layers of OptI Seal on it with a spray of BSD for luck!

• Like 1

It's a cheap classic for me.

Demon Shine - Rapid Dirt Shifter.

As all the other's spray neat or 1:1 on a cool panel, leave to dwell 5-10 minutes and rinse off, with pressure where possible.

It won't do much to a good LSP, costs little, shifts grub and bug well as a pre-wash spray and at the end you are left with a handy 1 litre trigger spray bottle, that always comes in handy.