sunroof opens by itself!

The sunroof on my Mk1 Octavia has recently started opening by itself as I drive. It's only done it a couple of times so far, although I don't use the car every day, so it might do it more frequently if I did. I've had the car about 10 years and this has never happened before. Any ideas as to the cause?

Could water be entering the sunroof controls, maybe worth dropping them and taking a look. Another possibility is water in the CCM which could cause other anomalies as well.

I had this about 3 summers back when it would tilt open and later re close whiist I was driving. Could not find any link with rain, temperature or any other external trigger. Since I don't usually use it (no need with climate control), I exercised it many times using the control knob, including pushing the switch in like a pushbutton. (used to override the auto stop if necessary). Since then the problem has not re-occurred.

It put it down to poor contacts on the switch due to no use. Give it a try.