Stage 3 clutch kit

Hai I'm currently running a stage 3 KO3 hybrid turbo kit (300hp)

Please suggest me a good clutch kit

I thinking of stage 3 spec clutch kit with flywheel.

I have also seen ecs clutch kit with lightweight flywheel kit but it's expensive , what's the real advantage of putting light weight aluminium flywheel ?

Hai I'm currently running a stage 3 KO3 hybrid turbo kit (300hp)

Please suggest me a good clutch kit

I thinking of stage 3 spec clutch kit with flywheel.

I have also seen ecs clutch kit with lightweight flywheel kit but it's expensive , what's the real advantage of putting light weight aluminium flywheel ?

Hi,

I cant comment about the vrs but, many years ago i tuned a car, bought a brand new engine block / crank / rods / pistons clutch / flywheel. 

The whole assembly was sent away for balancing and I had the flywheel lightened and fitted a competition clutch plus loads of other mods.

When I eventually drove it, I found when you blipped it it reved up very easily and also slowed quickly (no overun). It was a b**** to drive, very jerky (power/ no power).

A flywheel consumes / stores and releases energy, and this helps to smooth out the acceleration curve.

When I pulled away at lights, the wheels would always squeel without fail.

Would I do it again ?, a resounding no, but after all its down to what you want to experience.

Good luck

Hi,

I cant comment about the vrs but, many years ago i tuned a car, bought a brand new engine block / crank / rods / pistons clutch / flywheel.

The whole assembly was sent away for balancing and I had the flywheel lightened and fitted a competition clutch plus loads of other mods.

When I eventually drove it, I found when you blipped it it reved up very easily and also slowed quickly (no overun). It was a b**** to drive, very jerky (power/ no power).

A flywheel consumes / stores and releases energy, and this helps to smooth out the acceleration curve.

When I pulled away at lights, the wheels would always squeel without fail.

Would I do it again ?, a resounding no, but after all its down to what you want to experience.

Good luck

good one mate

So ur saying no need to put a aluminium flywheel ?

To be perfectly honest if you plan to run 300bhp and you dont intend racing the car then i think a lightened flywheel would be a waste of money. 

Its great to tune engines up and good fun but if you beef up or tune one area, then all that extra energy will look for the weakest link in the chain from engine to road ie: engine mounts, cv joints, bearings (external and internal), timing belt. flexing exhaust (from radial movement of engine), suspension parts etc,etc.