an addition to the spark plug threads, mine have desintegrated. please recomend replacements.

Best of luck!

I dont need luck, I simply am not stressed...... why would i worry? it will either break or it wont. I don't see the point in getting worried about it :) I very happy :) and I love my car! lol..

if they took my warrenty away , for whatever reason... I wouldn't worry.... a great many people have died across the world recently, gaza, africa, ukraine....

I am pretty well off in this world, and thankful for it.... small things like broken cars dont really matter that much ;)

• Like 3

It's just a windy one way toll road!..... In Germany :-)

indeed! it says so in the small print on entry! its a one way toll road, an extention of the german highway :)

my eunos insurance makes me laugh... "cover aboard .... 'excluding the nordslheif toll road' " pmsl!

Or maybe do not post the Activities the car takes part in on Open& Public  Forums.

george

christ on a bike george, then we really would only have Spark Plug, LED lights and Oil usage threads in here.

..............................oh yeah and which tyres :)

Think your attitude is right Dave, you caught the issue, now keep close tabs on the car, but otherwise keep calm and carry on.

• Like 2

I know what they consider as Motorsport or can try to include, so if everyone is happy it is not a Motorsport Activity for Manufacturers Warranty then sorted.

Insurance Underwriters do Exclude is some Polices, Tracks,Test Tracks  & Ground not on the Public Highway.

(I know because i have Off Road Cover for other than 'Green Lanes' because Scotland does not have Greenlanes.)

& i have Motorsport Cover over and above normal Car Insurance and Modified car insurance.

The Small Print and definitions are very Important.

george

ps. 

it is only Spark Plugs,  so you change them Upgrade them, &  not make a Warranty Claim,   just my opinion.

It is not like we have not known about them for long enough.

exactly .. its only spark plugs, lets keep it light people, I have known people leave this forum because of the way "discussions" go on here , and all the acusations, stress ect ect ... that seem to make problems where there are none, when all they do is ask advice about lowering, maps ect , and "oh my god your warrenty!!! have you told your insurere?!?!?! you are evil for doing this! pmsl....

don't worry. be happy.

xzPki.gif

yes, that plug pic and descriptions fit my knowledge... but none of them l;ook like my plugs!

anyone know why my plugs look like they do?!

Second from the left bottom row

Read_Spark_M5oh.jpg

Plenty of others available, like NGK one  :)

sparkplugt.jpg

Just in case you wanted to have a look :)

This one is good as well

http://honda-tech.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=275310&d=1339246218

Get a set of BKR7EIX and get John to pop them in for you when he sorts your brakes :thumbup:

Good thinking batman. More blooming money! Need doing though really as its done 6.5k now since engine went in. Oil needs doing aswell really before combe.

Are they the 'upgrade' ones? Ie suitable for stage1?

Oh, one more thing, the colour of the deposits (greenish/yellowish) could suggest some bad oil additives/dodgy fuel or lead in the fuel according to sources.

Since you run on RON95 from back water TESCO forecour after Blyton it might be dodgy combined with oil finally killing your plugs.

Plugs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Pack-NEW-GENUINE-NGK-IRIDIUM-IX-SPARK-PLUGS-BKR7EIX-Stock-No-2667-Trade-Price-/350592387058?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51a0ef47f2

• Like 1

Good thinking batman. More blooming money! Need doing though really as its done 6.5k now since engine went in. Oil needs doing aswell really before combe.

Are they the 'upgrade' ones? Ie suitable for stage1?

Yes, the NGK BkR7EIX are what I ran stage 1

MKe sure your oil is track suitable also, it will all help.

Motul have a very fine looking 5w50 ester based oil on Opie, Jabo knows the one

Yes, the NGK BkR7EIX are what I ran stage 1

MKe sure your oil is track suitable also, it will all help.

Motul have a very fine looking 5w50 ester based oil on Opie, Jabo knows the one

and thats a better one being 5w50 yeah? I'll see if they can get some here by tomorrow.

and thats a better one being 5w50 yeah? I'll see if they can get some here by tomorrow.

It essentially is viscous enough for the engine at all required operating temperatures, but it will hold up much better against high temps your engine oil will reach on track.

i.e 130+ degrees C

I assume castrol edge 5w40 will still do the job though? Just as ive got 5litres of that in't cupboard. Its that new? 'Titanium' one.

Also on a more relative to the topic note ;) where can I buy those plugs from. Cant get them delivered in time so will need to actually collect them from somewhere. Cant find them listed on euro.

• Like 1

I assume castrol edge 5w40 will still do the job though? Just as ive got 5litres of that in't cupboard. Its that new? 'Titanium' one.

Also on a more relative to the topic note ;) where can I buy those plugs from. Cant get them delivered in time so will need to actually collect them from somewhere. Cant find them listed on euro.

Phone up the Eurocarparts store, chances are they will have them or the Denso's

Got both 'normal' ones but not theBKR7EIX type. Have to order them in. The guy also looked at me like I was a unicorn when I asked if they stock that 5w50 stuff. Apparently there isnt a 5w50 oil. Until I showed him the opie site.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got both 'normal' ones but not theBKR7EIX type. Have to order them in. The guy also looked at me like I was a unicorn when I asked if they stock that 5w50 stuff. Apparently there isnt a 5w50 oil. Until I showed him the opie site.

If they never heard about 5W-50 lube no wonder you looked like unicorn to them :D

• Like 2