Throttle cleaner used, now car wont drive...

pdf94

thought it would be a good idea to clean my throttle body so i got some cleaner, followed all the instructions on the can to a tee and now the EPC light, Engine Management light, and traction control light have come on and the car is hunting with no response to the accelerator. Tried resetting the ECU and it was fine for about 2 minutes then it went again. If anyone has any ideas on what this could be please help me!!

its the 1.4 16v 100bhp model aswell if that helps...

Did you spray it into the running engine? Might have affected the oxygen sensors. I know it often says on the can that the stuff is oxygen sensor safe but there's no way I'd personally use it on a running engine. I always remove the throttle body to clean it.

thanks for the help, need to find a vag com to reprogram the throttle adaptation so once I manage to do that will let you know if it works! Any cheap vag com's anyone can recommend that will do the trick?

thanks for the help, need to find a vag com to reprogram the throttle adaptation so once I manage to do that will let you know if it works! Any cheap vag com's anyone can recommend that will do the trick?

VCDS is $99 so quite cheap at the moment, that plus a cheap lead off ebay will sort it. Someone might offer to help if you tell us where the hell you are, the United Kingdom doesn't really narrow it down much!

managed to get a VAG COM lead and used VCDS lite to do the throttle alignment. seems ok atm but i will let you know if it changes at all! thanks for the offer though!

• Like 1