newbie,,,, Monte pulling left?

I know this topic has been exhausted, but I've just bought a Monte Carlo 63 plate only done 7k and I've noticed it pulling quite sharply to the left, I've read all threads regarding tyres etc, has anyone actually found a solution to this Coz I'm not happy, any advice would be appreciated, thanks guys

I've just aligned mine last week and she is now so dead straight on all the angles. However... still pulls left.

From what I understand (and as a pretty much newbie to the Mk2 myself) its a fairly huge design flaw and one of those magical things between the car design and tyres. I have read a few times coming away form the Dunlops stops it. Thing is, I enjoy the dunlops so im putting up with it.

There are so many threads on Briskoda on the subject and many have had tyres changed, but unless he wrong or faulty tyres were fitted, or there has been accidental damage ,

it is the car that is set wrong from the Factory and the Manufacturer knows that.

& it is a Warranty Issue with a new car.

Just one of the many threads.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/319988-monte-carlo-pulling-left-is-this-right

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I had the same problem with my VRS took it to my local Skoda Garage who had it 4 wheel aligned and it was still the same.They sent the results to Skoda who then agreed to fit Four new tyres of my choice.

I went for Michelin's which rectified the problem by about 90% which i'am happy with plus my Dunlops had done 11000 miles so a result.

I agree I think that there is something not quite right with the steering and suspension.

Get of to your local dealer and get it sorted and don't be fobbed off.

• Like 1

Agree with Nogster, take it to your local Skoda dealer.

Do not be fobbed off with “they all do that” this is a known problem and also get Skoda UK involved, they also know that this is a problem affecting VRS & Monte's.

Best of luck. :thumbup: 

Phoned local dealer I got......hard to prove its a fault that's covered under warranty, maybe car has had a whack on the wheels causing alignment to be out , Looks like I'm gonna have to pay for alignment then see what happens, nothings ever easy.

Yeah,, and it should have, your average person probably wouldn't notice it pulling, if you have two hands on the wheel its fine, but I've had this problem before so I checked,,ie let go of wheel (on a quiet road) and noticed it pulling quite bad.

With ours you could feel it trying to pull to the left all the time and if you let go of the wheel it was quite severe. (This was on a quiet road, just to see how bad it was, before anyone comments on letting go of the steering wheel)

Yeah,, and it should have, your average person probably wouldn't notice it pulling, if you have two hands on the wheel its fine, but I've had this problem before so I checked,,ie let go of wheel (on a quiet road) and noticed it pulling quite bad.

This is what confuses me, having not driven an effected car.

Wont everything pull to the left slightly due to the camber of the road?

I have always imagined that people that already drive or own cars and know how they drive and go along the road do not post about 'Pulling Left'

were it is just a slight bias to the left..

The type of 'Pulling Left' they are speaking about is the kind that a wrongly aligned vehicle does.

ie, not normal or how the Engineers designed cars to handle as Right Hand Drive or Left Hand Drive and for Right Hand Drive cars in the UK 

or even in other countries.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Mine too folks - let go of the wheel and it drifts left - any defo answers ? Mines a TDI 14 plate MC.

I think most if these cases come down to geometry but dealers try to cover it up by changing the tyres to a different manufacturer.

have a 2011, 1.2tsi  Monte with Dunlops  on front and Pirelles on rear,   ..

No pulling left or right.. 

So maybe an build issue in factory at some point.

(when I test drove the car at Listers in Coventry it had mixed tyres on the axels so got them to correct this anomaly) 

Was ok then when driven.  (Dunlops Sports are directional)

Maybe start a  "Pulling to Left" Thread  to find Factory Build Date when this started??

Also Steering Wheel is Dead True.

Edited by FabMonte

Some drivers experienced Pulling to the left on Fabia Mk2 with 205/40 R17 tyres with the vRS in 2010 then the Monte Carlo in 2011.

Skoda UK and dealers said 'They all do that' in some cases,

then started fitting replacement Pirelli Zero Nero after some owner / drivers complained.

It is not unique to the Mk2 Fabia in the UK, it happens with other Skoda Models,

& other VWG Models, much the same on some VW, Seat & Audi's.

Euro Factory alignment on Right Hand Drive car,  issues.

4 years on and they will still sell some cars that do this, and some technicians will say it is acceptable.

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIC

*'Just ignore, its only a small percentage and they are British so accept faults'.*

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

I had a new Monte in 2013.

Was so bad it ended up having 2 sets of tyres in 8,000 miles. That's 3 sets if you count the factory originals.

7 times back to dealer. 5 full 4 wheel alignments.

In the end I rejected the car.

Had to keep with Skoda or loos thousands.

Now a very happy Yeti owner. Same engine 1.6 greenline, On long runs getting well over 60mpg. And, its just as much fun as the Monte.

The dealer came good with costs.

Every year we swap from 17" summers with the warranty fitted Pirrelli to 15" directional Uniroyal winters and I've noted the car does not feel any more more willing to drive in a straight line with the 195/55 tyres than it does on the 205/40.

Also noted on taking off the summers a couple of weeks back, that all four of the Pirrelli are fractionally more worn on the inner edge than the outer and the fronts tyres have slight/fine stress cracks in the tread blocks of both shoulders, whereas the rears its only the inner shoulder that is effected. The winters though seem to be wearing evenly and free of any craks in the blocks; winter compound?

The car doesn't have an excessive desire to constantly turn left as it did from factory but is far more prone to drift with the camber without hands firmly resting on the steering wheel. The Spaceback on the other hand will stay straight on the same roads; possibly the more modern electric power steering may have something to do with this.

TP

• 3 months later...

I am just about to purchase a Fabia monte carlo 1.6 diesel on a 14 plate. Took it out for a test drive in Plymouth and guess what! extreme pull to the left; so prominent I noticed before we left the forecourt. Flagged this up to salesmen who was in the car at the time and when we returned the Manager said the Dunlop tyres would need replacing and tracking to be adjusted.

I put down the deposit and due to collect car Friday. Having since stumbled on this site and seeing all these other comments I am concerned I might be being sold a pup. Grateful of advise please.

Malgreen, just them fitting new tyres just maskes the problem.

Its an alignment issue.

As stated earlier they need to align correctly. Although they did this to mine it never cured it.

Read my post of 2014.

The dealer came good with another car but that even in the end still cost me.

If you go for the car get a copy of the alignment print out.

keep this as a record, tyres fitted etc.

Put current mileage on it for future reference.

• Like 1

Carlo, decided to go back to dealership and said that in view of the severe pull ( and I mean severe ) I was not prepared to go through what you and others had experienced there is obviously a fault with this particular model. Haven't asked for my deposit back yet as still interested in a Skoda, I do like my Octavia but it's now done 71,000 on a 12 plate and just feel time to change. Incidently that purchase was from N Devon where we used to live. Really appreciate this site and input like yours as gives rest of us early warning as unfortunately you would never get a straight honest answer from a dealership it seems. 

Malgreen.

North Devon, is where Im at...Barnstaple Skoda?

mal, have you tested a Yeti.

we used to have Volvos, then went onto small cars, Yaris, then Fabia.

we bit the bullet and after having a Yeti for a week we went for the Diesel 1.6 greenline. Just pottering were getting 50mpg + on long runs 60+. Road tax free first yr them £30.

A good move. Really happy with it, perhaps try it?

Where are you located now?

Cd