Brembo / Porsche 4 pot caliper kit. Everything you need.

goshow

Due to purchasing some new 19" wheels I am having to remove the Brembo / Porsche front caliper set up from my 2010 Octavia vRS.

I fitted the kit 2 months ago and am absolutely gutted that the calipers won't fit under my new rims. I have explored every single option possible to get the wheels to fit but the only way I can do it is by fitting 10mm spacers and if I did the new wheels would protrude beyond the arches too far.

The calipers were fully reconditioned and powder coated before fitting and are in full working condition.

The Discs and pads have only done 1500 road miles and most of that has been on dual carriageways and motorways so hardly any braking used.

The kit includes:

2 x Brembo / Porsche Boxter calipers in red with Porsche decals, part numbers: 986.351.421 and 986.351.422. They have had all the work done to them, so all you need to do is bolt them on. New Brembo bleed nippled and covers.

2 x Mounting brackets from VAGBREMTECHNIC including bolts.

2 x Pagid 312mm discs. 112 x 5 (they match the pads)

2 x pairs of Pagid brake pads. (they match the discs) They have the anti-squeal packing so you wont need the squeal shims. Trust me, they don't make a noise.

1 x Brake wear sensor (they only have one, front nearside)

2 x HEL braided brake hoses for VAG to Brembo.

2 x Hubcentric 10mm wheel spacers. (needed if you're running Skoda Neptune Wheels)

All in all this kit cost me over £800 including the refurb and powder coating. The only defect is a minor scratch on the F/N/S caliper that I have touched up with a paint pen.

Unfortunately due to the weight of everything, the postage isn't cheap - £40.

I'll be willing to let them go for £500 if paying in cash or paypal via friend / relative etc. Or alternatively you pay the fees by sending £520 plus postage.

This is the write up from another post of how it's done:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/169744-not-so-big-brake-kit-porsche-brembo-4-pot-callipers-on-vrs/

Cracking brakes for someone ! Unfortunately I need 6pots and bigger rotors for the power I will be running soon, otherwise I would have snapped your hand off for these ! Anyone contemplating upgrading brakes could complement these with s3 rears for a very good setup. All nearly new also ! Good luck with the sale mate

• Like 1

Yep always a bit slow on here for selling but other VAG sites have a lot more users and people ready to part with the cash for quality parts like these. Not taking anything away from Briskoda before anyone comments ;)

Just for anyone looking you won't find better for the money being asked !

I've got 3sdm 0.01 in 8.5 x 19 ET42.

I know other styles of wheels that will fit but the 3sdm are the only ones I really wanted. Even more than I want the brembos. So something's got to go and the calipers have drawn the short straw.

• Like 1

They're still on the car at the min and will be removed tomorrow. So I'll get some pics ASAP.

The spacers are branded but I forget where from. They were machined from billet aluminium and cost about £80 for the pair.

Nice, That's a lot of engineering in those wheels.

These are the ones I've got, albeit they're now powder coated in Anthracite / Dark Gunmetal, and will be on a black vRS FL. I believe this pic is actually a forum members car:

B740CBE0-37D2-4579-AD15-232D872EB3A5_zps

And another:

210f5a4s-960.jpg

I had to ditch my 6-pot Brembos for exactly the same reason, except my 19s are Rays Superiors

I, too, decided that the wheels were just too damn nice not to run, so I've reverted to Cupra K1 calipers with 345 discs, with S3 rears

So how much are new Discs if you're not including them now?  You've knocked off £50 but I'd like to know how much it's going to be for the new discs ideally, plus you may as well keep the old pads as it seems criminal to put used pads against new fresh discs?

So how much are new Discs if you're not including them now?  You've knocked off £50 but I'd like to know how much it's going to be for the new discs ideally, plus you may as well keep the old pads as it seems criminal to put used pads against new fresh discs?

they're std 312mm discs same as those fitted to your Octavia vRS, part of the point of this kit.  So about £50 (amount knocked off).  Pads will be more I suspect, or at least the same, and if you want some high performance pads I would budget £100-150.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...