Cup holder

Hi All,

Looking to buy a centre console cup holder. Would a cup holder from a Fabia do? here's a link to the cup holder http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fabia-VRs-Cup-Holder-/261566432091?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3ce693035b failing that ne1 have the part no' so i can cross reference it against VAG cup holders.

Cheers

That looks like it will fit, if it does I think I will be getting one for my VRs as I don't like where the single cup holder is, and the previous owner has already spilt a cup of chocolate or coffee near it

• Like 1

Raf does the cup holders clear an aftermarket stereo though ? I don't really use the cubby hole as it is and would love some proper cup holders in

Jimbling, check out this link - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5657166-Cup-holders-for-an-MK2/page3 it looks as tho the cup holder springs up and there is good clearance if an aftermarket stereo has been fitted. Hopefully this will fit, looks the job

Yes it fits an aftermarket stereo, needs some trimming to fit and I added some packing underneath in between the stereo and cup holder. It's also possible to get one with one cup holder and a drawer next to it, I went for the double cup holder. Holds all drinks cartons, cans McDonald's but 500ml bottles can fall out during spirited driving lol 20120129_141023.jpg

20120129_140953.jpg

• Like 3

I have the same as Raf, but with an aftermarket stereo.

I too had to fit packing between the two, but it works. The only thing I'll say is that they are angled more towards you in the Octy than in the car these were meant for.

I can post a pic if you want/need one.

5318f499fddfdad0413315e314b9a189.jpg

The stereo I had wasn't exactly screwed in, so I pulled it out, and the tray, and put the stereo back in at the bottom.

Then, while holding a rather rigid piece of cardboard under the cup holders, slid them in.

The fascia just pops off, rather easily.