Some pictures of my new Longlife T304 stainless exhaust

So, after all the help and advice I got on here (thanks all) I had my new Longlife system fitted today.

After some thoughts of being the oldest Billy-Boy on the estate, common sense prevailed, and I went for the resonated system with a tailpipe trim that looked close to standard.

First impressions - nice bit of kit, and well fitted by Matt at Longlife in Basingstoke, a pleasure to deal with. He said he has done many Octy VRs's, and he must be popular as I had to book three weeks ahead.

The welding has been nicely done by him, and it comes with a lifetime guarantee anyway.

It's about the same volume level as standard, although there's a very slight bass note on idle, that I like and is welcome.

My car has a Revo re-map and went well anyway, but dare I suggest that this has helped? It certainly seems a wee bit more keen to bury itself into the redline now....but that's just my 'arse dyno' talking and by no means scientific.

Verdict - a bit more than I would have liked to have spent on a 14-year old car, but it was the only option really, other than genuine parts or second-hand, which I didn't want to get into. I am very happy, I hope this helps! pics are not great, just a few snaps when I got home - I will have it up on ramps next week for some other work so I will take a few more pics of the whole thing.

Cheers! :D

post-65108-0-99237800-1408642585_thumb.jpg

post-65108-0-23575200-1408642599_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Lol cheers! My profile pic is just an internet-sourced one...cos do you know what? Despite having owned mine for 4 years, I don't have a single nice picture of the old girl! Must give her a polish up one day and head out with the camera!

Mind you.....is your Octy brown?! :D

Just to help keep the exhaust looking shiny and make sure the dirt/soot doesnt adhere.

You could seal it with some Sonax BSD, as i do on mine or something like Britemax Metal Twins.

Not essential - but will help keep it looking tip-top mate.  :thumbup:

Just to help keep the exhaust looking shiny and make sure the dirt/soot doesnt adhere.

You could seal it with some Sonax BSD, as i do on mine or something like Britemax Metal Twins.

Not essential - but will help keep it looking tip-top mate.  :thumbup:

Ah, interesting, I didn't know about that! Thanks dude!

• Like 1

I actually presumed you had a luxury yacht!! That looks very nice that buddy. So was it the price they quoted you?

Ahahaha, nope! The Luxury-Yacht name is from a silly Monty Python sketch. I am probably as far removed from potentially owning a luxury-yacht as is possible...I should really call myself 'poor medical student' really because that's what I am at the moment!

But thanks for the nice words, and yes, I am very happy with it. The price was £340 all-in....Matt did me a 10% discount on the usual price, because I am an NHS student! Looking at the quality of the system and the time it took him to fabricate it etc. I think it's a bit of a bargain really?

Ermmmm nope its black :)

But my old octy was brown, nicked named the brownbarge by my friends hence the username lol

dubyhe8y.jpg

Ah, interesting. I started a 'brown modern car' thread on a different forum a while ago.

I've actually always liked the modern brown option - but was shot down in flames, haha!

But look at the latest Porsche 911 in 'Macademia' brown - looks amazing!

Then last month I saw a Range Rover Evoque in metallic brown, with black wheels. To me, it looked stunning!

Brown is the new silver, simple as that! :D

Ah, interesting. I started a 'brown modern car' thread on a different forum a while ago.

I've actually always liked the modern brown option - but was shot down in flames, haha!

But look at the latest Porsche 911 in 'Macademia' brown - looks amazing!

Then last month I saw a Range Rover Evoque in metallic brown, with black wheels. To me, it looked stunning!

Brown is the new silver, simple as that! :D

Tbh brown wasnt my favorite colour. I got the car from BCA brighouse and it wasnt even on my list of cars i fancied. I went to hopefully buy a vw bora or a merc a-class. Neither were as good as the website made them look. Then i saw the brownbarge. X-plate, GLXi model, very clean inside, not a mark or dent outside, 4 new tyres, 11months mot, 67k on the clock, FSSH cost me £765 in total. Since then brown cars have my attention ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My longlife exhaust is banging against the chassis. Its not even 6 months old. Had a look underneath and found a cable tie had come loose. Yes. A cabletie. They used a cable tie to "lift" it to a higher position.

Cable ties and duck tape are the 'go-to tools' for anyone, unless your being paid a big chunk of cash for a professional job that is...Doh! I thought the pics of your exhaust looked nice on your build too. Gutted for you!

• 3 months later...

Op how is your exhaust now? Any problems?

Ah wow, that went quick! Yeah, exhaust been on for nearly 5 months now...

And nope, no problems whatsoever.

Still all looking good, and performing well. There's no doubt that it has helped the performance of the car too, especially since I did the wheelarch intercooler modification and we've been having such cold days. The car really is a missile, unreal really for a 14-year old with nearly 150k on the clock. Also, the exhaust has an interesting sound to it from inside the car on full-chat....it's almost like a resonant noise of the gases pinging down the stainless tubing. It's great :D

I had an MOT done last week, and whilst the car was up on the ramp, I had a look underneath with the tester (who I know well). He said 'phew, you've been spending some money - niiice exhaust!' He nearly fell over when I told him the cost....he was expecting me to say double. Anyway, having inspected it fully from underneath - it actually doesn't look much different to the day it was fitted - still all lovely, and solid, and shiny and that :D

I'm one happy customer of Longlife I have to say.

Yes it is remapped - Revo stage 1 done at JKM in Portsmouth, with a Pipercross panel filter, Forge 007 recirc valve and my recent wheelarch intercooler mod. She really does absolutely fly.

Went for the quiet system - or 'resonated' as they call it. Same noise as stock - but with a slightly bassy 'burble' at idle.