I'm off ... in 6 months

After moving from an A4 Avant to an Elegance 170 combi, I have been tempted back by the 4 rings. The new A6 Ultra makes a good Bik position into an enticing proposition.

My head says that the Combi ticks all the boxes, particularly as I loaded it with extras. Making the S Line match that has pushed it to near 40k, but on my company car lease I will only be paying about £20 a month more.

In the end my heart, and more superficial things have won out. Obviously the badge is a factor, but sitting low with a chunky transmission tunnel and beautiful design just made the difference.

6 month waiting list, but some lucky chap will get a lovely 18 month old Elegance.

There is no need to go once you have the new car, your new Audi will still share a lot in common. Its been nearly 4 years since I sold my last Skoda and I am still here on my second Audi since.

• Like 1

Good luck - lovely car except the ride on those crazy low profile wheels sadly - had one all spec'd up as well and after several test drives I decided I just couldnt live with it. Glad I changed to the Superb in all honesty. Had the same thing on my AMG wheels and suspension on the Merc and got totally sick of it.

I like the theory of an A6 but having had both an A6 and A4 as hire cars, I also could not live with the rock-hard ride. The looks and build are great but the thumping about on anything less than perfect tarmac would drive me mad.

I totally understand the 'firm' set-up on hard-core RS models, but on normal versions, I just think it spoils them.

However as a company car for so little extra, I can appreciate the temptation

Agree, re Audi. I get ferried around in them quite a bit at work when I travel and my heart sinks when I see one pull up rather than any of the other exec saloons as I know its not going to be much fun despite the image.    My Superb Greenline doesn't have a particularly compliant ride but compared to some Audi's on low profile tyres I have been in its like a magic carpet.

Good luck - lovely car except the ride on those crazy low profile wheels sadly - had one all spec'd up as well and after several test drives I decided I just couldnt live with it. Glad I changed to the Superb in all honesty. Had the same thing on my AMG wheels and suspension on the Merc and got totally sick of it.

Bad enough on 18" wheels on the Skoda....... ;)