Very Impressive Fuel Economy

Eck45

Just returned from a visit to Family in Gainsborough in my 2012 Skoda Superb SE Plus TDi (140) and was overly impressed with my fuel consumption - so Cumbernauld to Gainsborough Saturday last 264 miles door to door 62.2 MPG adding never really broke the speed limit (????) and definitely did not go under it but mostly motorway with cruise control set.

Return journey today same route but came in at 61.5 MPG door to door and I can only assume it was downhill going and up hill coming back  :D 

Now that beats my previous car which was a Volvo V70 DRIVe 1.6 Diesel on the same journey which I have driven many times so all in all I am very pleased - Has anyone experienced similar or better MPG 

Tend to agree with "stinker", the trip in mine states around 49-50 MPG, doing in manually fill up to fill up it seems to be doing around 44 MPG so about the 10% ... unless"Eck45" has worked it out that way :)

I reset trip 2 when I collected the car and the trip 2 average mpg is showing something like 47mpg whereas the real world mpg is 42.9mpg as per my signature. So yes about 10% out.

Am I right in thinking the mpg can be adjusted to be more accurate via VCDS???

Cheers

Dave.

yep - downloaded a neat little fuel app when I got the car and its certainly reading lower, although not quite 10% on my car so far. 

I also dont believe the av consumption is really based on the entire journey, but it must be somehow weighted to the most recent miles driven. I drove over 400 miles steady on motorways and then watched the av for the entire journey fall by 2mpg because of 1 hill at the end of the journey. It does it all the time and just cannot be representative of the entire journey. Same thing happens on every journey I make and also in reverse with a easy flat run at the end dramatically improving fuel economy reported for an entire journey - nothing like trip computers on previous cars!  Maybe that is what can be adjusted in VCDS.

Same here, trip computer showing about 41ish, Fulley showing 38.3. Given that fulley does simple calculations based on amount of fuel bought against miles done ( at least i think that's what it does ) :notme: I know which one I believe to more accurate. 

Thanks for the feedback guy's - It would appear I believed the Average Consumption to be accurate but I guess 10% out is quite a lot - not like my previous Volvo which was round about 2%

Well I shall have to resort to the Fill & Measure method to get an accurate reading  :envy:

After 12 months and 30,000 miles my 2011 2.0 CR140 is averaging 50mpg.

I do however spend more time at 80mph than 60mph.

Where as I spend more time at 60 mph (B roads) than at 80 hence 54 mpg average so far. These seem to be typical figures for the 2.0 TDI manual 2WD?