Forge fmic silicone hose replacement

Been looking over my octy I bought and I've noticed this pipe 3466397F-7D44-4CB4-BE5D-7F2C28F12AE4_zps is a standard pipe that's been joined to the forge hose. Seen in other pics other people have a forge pipe there. Anyway the standard pipe is twisted and flattened so obviously not doing it any favours. Tried to twist it and play around but no luck. Can I buy a replacement hose or is it a full hose kit? I've seen this one AEBE1974-45CA-47CD-8DF7-6B867A091A74_zps but I think it's for the smic so don't want to pay all that to chop it up and join it although it will be the right shape so might have to. Only other option is to try and make one using the hose and some old metal piping I've got from a universal fmic kit but I'd rather do it properly and just buy the top hose. Any other companies that do a top pipe to fit the forge intercooler?? Searched but no luck :(

It is a replacement to the OEM std hose buddy. But that is what you want. The forge fmic kit does not replace that hose, the forge comes with a joiner to connect to it. As it is a std replacement silicon hose to the OEM one you can get any make like SPS, samco, forge, creation Motorsport etc.

Here's mine which is connected toy forge joiner.

2014-05-18141204_zps23e3e228.jpg

It is a replacement to the OEM std hose buddy. But that is what you want. The forge fmic kit does not replace that hose, the forge comes with a joiner to connect to it. As it is a std replacement silicon hose to the OEM one you can get any make like SPS, samco, forge, creation Motorsport etc.

Here's mine which is connected toy forge joiner.

2014-05-18141204_zps23e3e228.jpg

Ah I see I thought I was missing a hose!! Do I just need a 45* silicone hose to go from the throttle body to the forge hose or is there a specific S shape one like the original?

Personally I would get the right hose for the job as you need to ensure the size and bends are all good

Found one on creation Motorsport for £40 so just ordered it. Thank you muchly :) will take the bumper off and make sure I'm happy with all the other pipes when I fit this

I have loads of pics of my forge fmic so of you need any shout.

Yes please particularly the throttle body pipe where it joins if poss. This is the standard one on mine that's collapsed CF263CCA-5A9D-43AE-99C0-FE1262C8D804_zps B92EE295-6C13-46CE-A4E4-712C1A7B62E4_zps I'm hoping that will sort out why it feels abit slow boosting and not boosting as hard as it should. So the new pipe should fit and join the forge piping without much altering then?

Yes please particularly the throttle body pipe where it joins if poss. This is the standard one on mine that's collapsed CF263CCA-5A9D-43AE-99C0-FE1262C8D804_zps B92EE295-6C13-46CE-A4E4-712C1A7B62E4_zps I'm hoping that will sort out why it feels abit slow boosting and not boosting as hard as it should. So the new pipe should fit and join the forge piping without much altering then?

Here is my throttle hose connected to the forge joiner

IMG_20140824_153122868_zpsc0qazhkm.jpg

And you can see the way it joins

IMG_20140824_154623438_zpsgz6ignyp.jpg

IMG_20140824_163752126_zpsc62hbvnz.jpg

Replacing for a silicon hose will help you with boost as the old hoses do tend to collapse.

• Like 1

Here is my throttle hose connected to the forge joinerIMG_20140824_153122868_zpsc0qazhkm.jpg

And you can see the way it joinsIMG_20140824_154623438_zpsgz6ignyp.jpgIMG_20140824_163752126_zpsc62hbvnz.jpg

Replacing for a silicon hose will help you with boost as the old hoses do tend to collapse.

That's spot on thanks it's exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully my hose will be here on Wednesday so I can get it fitted. Going to check the dump valve and see if that needs servicing at the same time, am I right in thinking I need a yellow spring if I service it?

Direct replacement mate, will fit the same, i think if you remove washer bottle and the black thing next to it (cant remener what its called lol) you should be able to access the lower join easier.

Far easier to just take the headlight out, much less messing about and you can see exactly what your doing, and hold the jubilee clip in the right place, get socket / screwdriver where you need it etc etc.

I'm taking the bumper off anyway to check the rest of the pipes as some of them are hard up against the body so I need to put something like foam in between them so I should have enough room to do it. Just want to see if it restores the performance!!