Cleaning Perforated Seats

Well having read the results of Auto Express leather cleaning kit reviews and the need to "feed" the leather. I opted for CarPlan Connoisseur.

Bright eyed and bushy tailed, i set too feeding the leather........ cream cleaner and holes do not go well together.

Fortunately, I tried a little part of the seat first and yes it started to fill the holes.

Did not want to use a brush so I decided that if I spread the cream over a larger surface area of the micro fibre cloth and use a gentle stroking action it will cover the seat and keep out of the holes. Repeated several times to unsure the product was being absorbed by the leather.  Only time will tell.

Anyone got ideas about how to keep the leather in good condition  :think:

you dont feed modern leathers as they are just a very very thin veneer of leather stuck on top of plastic underneath - in fact if you read the small print in Skoda manuals it actually says the leather interior is part plastic. The perforated L&K interior is slightly thicker but still the same idea. In the old days with thick hide leathers then they would dry out and need feeding, but if you use any oily creamy stuff on modern leathers it has nowhere to go and just sits on the surface and actually attracts dirt MORE than before. I maintain a classic Rolls with full Connelly hide interior and thats a totally different ball game to look after but you can see if dry out over time while that never happens on modern cars.

You should always use a thin water based product designed for modern car interiors and most of the time all thats needed to clean them is a soft damp cloth and no product. Use a good water based protector and forget all the creamy oily crap....sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear.

• Like 1

You should always use a thin water based product designed for modern car interiors and most of the time all thats needed to clean them is a soft damp cloth and no product. Use a good water based protector and forget all the creamy oily crap....sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear.

Thanks guys, I guess i was sucked in by the advertising hype. Oh well, kept me occupied for a while  :peek: