Greenline - No Heated Windscreen

JP01

Yep, some options would increase the fuel consumption and emissions, so they aren't available on the "Eco" models. Sunroof is another one I believe.

You're so right, I hadn't noticed a sunroof is also a banned option. Thanks for pointing that out.

I now see that the  12 speaker Soundsytem and the Variable boot floor also are banned, although how this fits into the fuel consumption/ emissions 'theory/excuse/ nonsense,' I am not sure. :)

Unfortunately the heated screen is potentially a  deal breaker for me with the Greenline, so if I do buy a Yeti I'll lbe forced to go for an engine which emits more CO2 and uses more fuel. Totally self defeating!

No doubt Skoda also think that my can of de-icer will have been  produced and distributed without any fuel being used or emitting any CO2.

I'm old enough to make my own choices without the Skoda thought police.

Edited by JP01

Trouble is the Greenline is right on the limit to get £30 a year road tax at 119g. It wouldn't take much extra weight or electrical load to push it over the limit and then it loses one of the big selling points. If they'd added stop/start with the facelift as happened on the Superb then it might have been different.

• Like 1

Trouble is the Greenline is right on the limit to get £30 a year road tax at 119g. It wouldn't take much extra weight or electrical load to push it over the limit and then it loses one of the big selling points. If they'd added stop/start with the facelift as happened on the Superb then it might have been different.

So the EU tests are with accessories on? Seems odd...

The fuel economy and emissions test are done on one variant and then each other variant is calculated using a factor based upon the vehicle's weight and other variables. This also goes for, for example, a hatchback and estate version... only one is tested, the other is calculated (otherwise the OEM would spend the whole time testing every possible permutation of specifications).

So the EU tests are with accessories on? Seems odd...

It is my understanding that the basic model is used for the initial calculation and that for every extra that has a weight penalty (spare wheel, bigger battery, sound system, sun roof, electric seat, different wheels) these add to the weight which can cause an increase in CO2 rating.  Before I bought my Yeti I was looking at the Qashqai and was advised to buy the spare wheel after the initial purchase as the car would be registered with the base rate.. Stupid ruling that allows you to make all sorts of changes following registration without any adjustment to the Co2 rating.

"And you can't have a spare wheel!"

O yes you can.

I have a full size spare wheel, also kept the compressor, goo, jack etc, false floor, full flashing light, tow rope, jump leads, blanket, led touch, bottle of water. (used more for other people )

Still getting 60mpg.

We are not overweight people so weight is not a problem. :notme:

O and by the way the F/L has Stop/Start & cruise on the SE.

Edited by Carlo diesel
  • Like 1

I adored the Ford Heated front Windscreen, get up early in the cold months

(take your choice of months with climate change) run the engine screen

heaters on scrape some ice away then climb in to a car with clean screen

back and front (they turn off almost as soon as the screen is clear)

Juggling the front blown air heater just does not compare.