Octavia vRS 2008 (pre FL) Race Blue - Top Spec! (Reduced!)

MontyOwen

Reluctantly for sale is my 2008 ('08 plate) mk2 vRS 2.0tdi pd.

Full Service History

MoT until 1st March 2015 (no advisories)

VEL until 28th February 2015

88'400 miles (likely to rise slightly as in use)

£6500 ovno

This vehicle is well known within the Briskoda world having been previously owned by one of the moderators in the NW.

I shall be listing her on usual sale sites on completion of reg transfer, just hoping an early advert on here will keep her within the Briskoda community!!

I have owned the vehicle since January 2014 and covered a very enjoyable 10'000 miles, but a new business venture means I need to sell her. Please note however, I am not in a rush to sell!! This is a top spec car in fantastic condition and will sell for the fair price listed. I will not consider silly offers (not expected on this site, but will be listing on Autotrader/PistonHeads next weekend).

The car is currently on a private plate, transfer process back to '08' is in progress.

VEL is due at the end of August and she will have a new 6 month ticket.

Minor service (oil change) will take place prior to release.

Located in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Junction 6 M3 area.

Factory spec:

2008 vRS TDI in Race Blue with the following factory optional extras:

• Xenon headlights
  • Cruise control
  • Climate control
  • Jumbo box arm rest
  • Rear parking sensors
  • 18" Zenith wheels, immaculate (all fully refurbished with new Goodyear A+/A+/68db tyres less than 1000 miles ago!!)
  • Maxidot display
  • Automatic rain sensitive wipers
  • Automatic lights
  • Auto dimming rear view mirror
  • Both keys present and working

Upgrades beyond factory spec:

• Peloquin limited slip diff - stunning upgrade - the correct way to stop these cars understeering. Transforms the driving experience - 2012.
  • AP adjustabale suspension, currently set to OEM height - 2010.
  • Southbend Stage 2 clutch and single mass flywheel - retaining factory pedal feel but much improved drivability and reliability - 2012.
  • Darkside EGR delete - improves low end driveability and keeps the engine cleaner.
  • Professionally painted grille surround. In excellent condition.
  • L&K door and dash trims and custom piano black MFD / climatronic surround.
  • Upgraded pioneer speakers in the factory locations, dynamatted doors. Audio and power cables through to concealed amp in boot, no Sub is present at the moment.
  • Facelift aerial.
  • Detachable 'Witter' swan neck tow-bar and hidden electrics, fitted - 2014. (Used a handful of times for camping trailer and cycle carrier).
  • Pioneer DAB/Bluetooth double din touch screen head unit, professionally installed by 'John Kleis' of Reading - 2014.
  • 4 x 18" Kumho Winter tyres with excellent tread (£400) will be included if full asking price is met.

This car has an amazing history and has been lovingly cared for by its previous owners. Warranty work has included the replacement of the turbo in 2010 and new injectors in 2012. Neither were due to a failure, rather a shrewd owner at the time who got them changed as a precaution under warranty!!

New front and rear brake pads and discs were fitted just prior to my purchase 10 months ago, cambelt and water pump carried out last year and within last 15'000 miles!!

This car needs nothing, just a new home that will continue to look after her....

I shall be listing her on usual sale sites on completion of reg transfer, just hoping an early advert on here will keep her within the Briskoda community!!

Any questions please don't hesitate to pm/call/text me.

Monty

07824 440780

IMG_2197w_zps9d3fc564.jpg

IMG_2196w_zpseb3127c9.jpg

IMG_2201w_zps8ec04364.jpg

IMG_2200w_zps485c46d4.jpg

IMG_2198w_zpsf4f23d07.jpg

IMG_2195w_zps9e8fcdca.jpgIMG_2193w_zpsade76773.jpg

IMG_2190w_zps3d4fb6dc.jpgIMG_2191w_zps9456efe8.jpg

IMG_2192w_zps1593aba4.jpg

Is it mapped then bud? Running a LSD and coilovers but no increase in power?

Not mapped. Previous owner had done so but returned to standard when I purchased it, his personal view was that it drove better standard. Knowing that the other half would be driving it on occasions I thought it 'safer' to leave it as it is!!

• Like 1

Good luck with the sale Monty. Looks like you've looked after her.

Brilliant car which I do miss and would buy back if I wasn't getting the train to work. Great to enjoy as is or the diff, clutch, EGR delete and coilovers make it an unbeatable base to go further with if you fancied adding a big turbo, etc.

Monty is a smashing bloke to deal with by the way. I hope somebody from here does buy it.

Edited by Nick P
  • Like 1

Nick,

Many thanks, sad to be letting her go but I also commute by train again and need the money to invest elsewhere.

Had no problems with the car, an absolute cracker. Will be posting on other sales sites this coming week and have just reduced to £6500, so hopefully it can stay within the network.

Monty

• 2 weeks later...