Rear door bowden cable

Guys, had a woman snap the rear near side bowden door cable on Saturday afternoon. Struggling to find a replacement part. Been to the dealers today, but their parts department is closed, as was VW. In fact they're shut till Tuesday morning. Hoping to try and purchase two new ones, fix the broken one, and preventative changing the other. Waiting on a message about a second hand one, but that's just to try and get me out of the doo doo work wise.

Now, I've had the door panel off, the hook on the end of the cable had sheared off, found it at the bottom of the door card, tried to bodge it with a chocolate box electrical connector. Doesn't work unfortunately.

Looking at the door with the panel off, the window winding mechanism is obviously bolted/screwed to the metal panel. I've tried removing this panel, but I'm guessing I need to disconnect the window from its runners before the panel will come off allowing me access to the lock so when a replacement cable is in my grubby mits, I can replace it. Is there an easy way to do this, or is it as I've mentioned please? Ta for any responses