Breakes

Hi!

I have a question about changing brekepads and disc on my Superb II 2011.

Do I have to reset or do anything with the maxi dot ord MDF after I have replaced the pads with the new wear sensors?

Im also looking on diffrent partsdealer sites and seeing diffrent size and dimensions on pads and discs.

What is the right specs I want on that?

Thanks and greetings from Sweden!!

I had to do nothing when I replaced pads on my Octavia, which has the same wear sensor on one of the pads. If the brake pad warning light is on it'll turn off when you swap to new pads provided you plug the sensor into the new pads the same way as it was for the old ones.

I had to do nothing when I replaced pads on my Octavia, which has the same wear sensor on one of the pads. If the brake pad warning light is on it'll turn off when you swap to new pads provided you plug the sensor into the new pads the same way as it was for the old ones.

Ok thanks!!

So basically it is plug and play.

The only thing you'll need that's a bit unusual is a tool to wind the rear calipers back to make room for the new pads. The rear caliper pistons turn as they move out (It's part of the mechanical handbrake system, which operates independently of the hydraulic brake system). This can be done with a needle nose pliers if you're really stuck, but the actual tool is about €10-€15 and pushes back the normal caliper pistons in the front too. 

The only thing you'll need that's a bit unusual is a tool to wind the rear calipers back to make room for the new pads. The rear caliper pistons turn as they move out (It's part of the mechanical handbrake system, which operates independently of the hydraulic brake system). This can be done with a needle nose pliers if you're really stuck, but the actual tool is about €10-€15 and pushes back the normal caliper pistons in the front too. 

Ok thanks, I'll fix one of those tools! I have switched on a Seat Leon once and it was the same screwing in the piston. I did it with a pliers, not the best way.