How to remove front footwell trim in Octy 12

Sugar

Hi All,

I have an annoying rattle coming from the passenger side footwell and am wanting to remove the internal trim panel from the footwell / center console area.

The rattle seams to be coming from near the heater controls so I want to take a look in this area.

I have removed a single torx screw from down near where your feet are and cant see any other visible securing's however it is obvious there is at least one clip on the inside that I need to remove.

Any more pulling and tugging will either damage or break the trim panel as they are very flimsy from cardboard covered with trim material.

If anyone has removed this panel before any help or guidance would be appreciated

Regards ,

Sugar.

• 2 years later...

You need to take out the ashtray/bin in front of the gearlever - there are either bolts or clips (I can't remember precisely) behind it that keep the side panels in place.

Pull up the gearlever trim and you will find a couple of torx bolts holding the bin in place. Remove those and it will pull forward and you should be able to see what needs to be done.

EDIT: Just seen the date, hope you aren't still struggling! Lost track of tabs, thought I was in MK2 Forum. Nevermind!

Edited by simion_levi