when exactly is a cambelt change due on the 2.0 ltr TDI!

Talk about confusing and conflicting advice given out about the time for a cambelt/water pump change.

I have a 2010 2.0 ltr TDI Skoda Octavia scout with 55k miles on the clock and I have reviewed the following post which is useful, but there is still vague information provided on the timescale for cambelt change.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/320854-octavia-mk2-engines-dpfs-cambelts-oils-brakes-and-servicing-info/

As well as looking at the link I have also had conflicting advise from dealers in the midlands, giving both ends of the spectrum on mileage and timescale

Garage 1 -  4 years and  regardless of mileage

Garage 2 - 5 years or mileage of approx 130k !!!!

I agree with the statement of timescale on the forum link and garage 1  i.e regardless of mileage , but what time period is it actually  4 or 5 years is a bit conflicting and not very precise.??

What is the month of registration in 2010?

The reason for the conflicting advice is that Skoda UK changed from 4 to 5 years in 2010. I'll find the exact month.

The mileage varies car by car, there is every chance that another 2010 diesel Scout could have a different mileage interval.

It will be stipulated in the service book in the glovebox. If not then speak directly with Skoda UK with your VIN or reg. number: 08457 745745, option 4, or...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

EDIT: The change from 4 years to 5 years was for cars built after September 2010.

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

My local dealer has said the change from 4 to 5 years is for cars REGISTERED from 1st September 2010

Handy for me as mine was registered on the 2nd September 2010. Not sure what the mileage interval is but I'm sure over 100k was mentioned, I'm only on 20k.

As yours was registered 01/09/2010 you will be on 5 year interval.

Strange, the problem going by the registered date rather than the build date is that a car could have been sat in a compound for 6 months.

I guess that there is no physical differences to the belts and that Skoda UK just picked a date.

Strange, the problem going by the registered date rather than the build date is that a car could have been sat in a compound for 6 months.

I guess that there is no physical differences to the belts and that Skoda UK just picked a date.

Given that my understanding of the factory service manual is that it doesn't specify time limits at all for the cambelt, only mileage intervals, I expect you are correct.

For clarity of those asking about the mileage intervals, they are outlined for each engine in my post linked at the start of this thread. Check your options sticker in the boot or on your service book for your engine code.

• Like 1