My CD player is not working!

Can someone please help me with my CD player troubles, my CD players always been fine until today, I hooked up a sub and amp and it worked fine for the best part of 15 mins then I messed with the gains on the amp and everything went of… CD player amp sub nothing would work checked all fuses but still nothing unplugged the cd played plugged it back it nothing then I went to the amp picked it up as soon as I touched the gain control everything come back on and my CD player started sizzling and a puff of white smoke come out and it smelt like something was burning lol from then my CD players been playing up screens going dim the just cuts out sometimes comes on some times it don't sometimes just the sub work no sound from the speakers at all, I've tried my ken wood unit that was in my fabia and it won't even power up… am I right in thinking I've roasted my CD player? Will be trying a new player tomorrow when I get a chance hopefully it works

Does any one have any suggestions? Or any ideas what it could be also do the octys have a fuse for the CD player in the cars fuse box?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a wiring error such as amp output connected to a cd output.

Low consumption equipment like CD players and radio invariably have a low value fuse inside to protect the PC board and failed capacitors from rupture. The units are supplied by power through a power cable that is larger than needed and via a fuse that is only there to protect the cable so the external fuse has to be supplemented by a smaller fuse in the unit.

You could look inside the cd unit for a fuse but it sounds like it will be blown and the smoke says the unit is goosed anyway.

Don't replace the cd unit before finding out how it was killed. My guess is a wiring error as above.

Removed the whole amp and sub tried 3 different CD players but still no power to the CD player only one that's getting a hint of power is my jvc that got roasted it lights up sometimes plays but most times dont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk