207bhp Yeti Greenline 1.6tdi Project - Skoda Yeti SE Business 2.0 tdi 150ps SCR Project

DarrellGB

Been talking to a guy who has the new CRD3+ box from DTUK fitted to a Golf with the same 2.0tdi SCR 150ps engine. He rates it highly with the new unit monitoring fueling, boost and cam position to give a much smoother power delivery.

With the recent AdBlue warranty issues I've had its got me seriously thinking 'is this a better option right now?'

What do you guys think? Stick with the original plan of remap (which I know is fantastic) or chance the DTUK route?

Costs are about the same so doesn't come into it, it's purely a question mark over best option for this car with recent events, it's running fantastically at the moment :)

Edited by DarrellGB

What do you guys think? Stick with the original plan of remap (which I know is fantastic) or chance the DTUK route?

Costs are about the same so doesn't come into it, it's purely a question mark over best option for this car with recent events, it's running fantastically at the moment :)

Tried the new DTUK box on our 170CR L&K Yeti, removed it sent it back for a (partial) refund and got it mapped by Shark, which was my intention all along.

They both drove about the same power delivery wise, however the Shark map uses slightly less fuel than std, with the box fitted it drank the fuel....

Which cannot be good for the DPF etc???

• Like 1

How does a remap or tuning box affect the Ad-blue system? Genuinely curious although I don't have Ad-blue.

Does it measure something in the exhaust and add the required quantity of fluid?

Part of me wonders whether it is worth getting some confidence back in the car before modifying, but that's just my view!

I enjoyed the previous Yeti project and looking forward to seeing where the new one goes :)

• Like 1

Makes sense especially if your car is still under warranty as you can whip it off and put the car back to standard any time.

I also highly rate the dtuk pedal box as it eliminates any dead pedal lag.

• Like 1

How does a remap or tuning box affect the Ad-blue system? Genuinely curious although I don't have Ad-blue.

Does it measure something in the exhaust and add the required quantity of fluid?

Part of me wonders whether it is worth getting some confidence back in the car before modifying, but that's just my view!

I enjoyed the previous Yeti project and looking forward to seeing where the new one goes :)

wiilydog hit the nail on the head, its more to do with the ability to remove the DTUK box in 10mins if the AdBlue does fail again and warranty work is needed. Ive never had any engine issues with remaps so i wouldn't be concerned about that but the AdBlue is almost an after thought bolt on system I'm not really trusting at the moment. 

If i did go for the DTUK box and all was well after say 6months, then i could get the Shark remap, its a more costly way of doing it but I'm itching to get the first lot of mods finished up :)

Another option is as you say, just leave it a while to make sure all is well, just fit the shocks, springs etc for now, but do i have the patience to do it!!!

• Like 1

Tried the new DTUK box on our 170CR L&K Yeti, removed it sent it back for a (partial) refund and got it mapped by Shark, which was my intention all along.

They both drove about the same power delivery wise, however the Shark map uses slightly less fuel than std, with the box fitted it drank the fuel....

Which cannot be good for the DPF etc???

Fully get that, I had a DTUK CRDt+ on the Greenline project before the Shark stage 1 map (done as a development map for them). I loved the DTUK box but the remap was just that little bit better in all the right ways making the box a close second but still a compromise. 

From the conversations I've had the 3rd generation of the CRDt unit seems to have closed that gap, sounding as though there is really nothing in it. If i could find some one with same box on a 150 or 185ps engine close by id love to have a drive and see for myself. 

Haha, I can understand the lack of patience!

I can also understand the 'removeability' of the DTUK box :)

It does seem like the Ad-blue is a bit of an afterthought, but it doesn't seem so on other models.

• Like 1

Another option is as you say, just leave it a while to make sure all is well, just fit the shocks, springs etc for now, but do i have the patience to do it!!!

In your situation I would personally do this, put a few thousand miles on the clock 1st then remap it properly, I have used 3 different tuning boxes now and tried 3 different manufacturers remaps, I would only ever remap now.

Im not sure which box it was I had but it was the newest one out in August 2014, and certainly the 2nd generation box at least, if they have a 3rd one out already then it goes to prove something wasn’t right with the generation I bought!

FWIW my Superb has done about 7K miles with the Shark map on and the adblue usage is spot on what it should be, the next tankful of adblue is estimated at 9,500, miles.

• Like 1

you can have the best of both worlds, use the Shark self tuning system which allows you to load either the remap or the original map at will without the hassle of stripping off a DTUK box, also its a proper remap rather than a tuning box.

• Like 1

you can have the best of both worlds, use the Shark self tuning system which allows you to load either the remap or the original map at will without the hassle of stripping off a DTUK box, also its a proper remap rather than a tuning box.

That would be my choice, as long as the STS is available for the 2.0 litre 150 yet. I know it isn't available for my 1.8 tsi Yeti.

• Like 1

That would be my choice, as long as the STS is available for the 2.0 litre 150 yet. I know it isn't available for my 1.8 tsi Yeti.

AFAIK, it should be already available for the CR150...

Ive booked in with Shark for next Wednesday, i forgot to ask about the STS but ill call back tomorrow, if it is an option thats the route ill go, if not it will be a remap. 

Had a run to Bradford and back today and the car felt great, already quick and pulls fantastically, can wait to see what it feels like with the BHP & Torque  :)

Edited by DarrellGB

EXCITED !!! The cars booked in for the Bedford GT Track day on the 19th May :)

So as well as getting the work done at Shark:

- Stage 1 Map

- Bilstein B6 Shocks

- Eibach Springs

- Calliper Carriers & 312mm discs

- 15mm Spacers all round

As well as that lot I now need:

- to swop out the brake fluid (probably go for ADT 200 or Tarox fluid)

- replace pads (Tarox strada or Brembo HP Sport Performance top of the list)

- possibly some track tyres, had my eye on some Nankang NS2-R's, great reviews and only £300 a set :)

It never ends!!!

And I'm getting my new tattoos finished up today so the body is getting some mods too :)

• Like 1

Finally got around to this little upgrade, its been in the garage for ages but now I've finally got somewhere for my sunglasses  B)

post-120571-0-32140600-1462378903_thumb.jpgpost-120571-0-99351000-1462378908_thumb.jpgpost-120571-0-75789900-1462378935_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrellGB