Watford and Surrounding Area

Watfordbrianskoda

Just seen this Brian. Yeah, why not.

I'm not a great fan of the Ace though. It's bad enough trying to get near with a bike meet going on.

Maybe a pub out of the smoke?

I'm all for the ace meet, but the problem is finding the other Briskoda members could be tricky, and isn't that the purpose of a meet? Meeting in a pub would certainly be the easiest option and would make spotting each other much easier... I'm assuming if we were to look for a pub, we'd look for one near the ace?

If we were going to do a weekend pub meet, somewhere like The Apple Tree in Gerrards Cross might work well (nice location, easy to drive to, decent size car park for all the cars).

Oh fer cryin' out load!

I got confused, thought this was going to be October.

I'm not going to be able to do 25th November as I'll be sunning myself down under.

Erm, I mean Australia! Don't get back till the day after.

Looking at where people had listed locations

Watford

Snorbens (St Albans???)

Hillingdon

Pinner

Dunstable

Aylesbury

Enfield

So trying to find somewhere that best suits maybe, here's throwing some ideas out in the domain

The Fishery Inn Pub Elstree just off the A41 near to the M1 Junction 5 (south 1 roundabout) quiet pub reasonable sized car park does food and beer

Would possibly suit most people's location

A guy I used to work with runs The land of Liberty in Hersongate (Chorleywood) M25 Junction 18 bout a mile up the lane.. Real Ale Pub medium sized car park.

Or do we try something like get together in London Gateway services on the M1? Access able both North and southbound. Ample parking, but think a maximum 2 hour parking???

A pub would be better I think... I mean, do we really want to meet a service station? M1 is very easy for me to reach, I'm only about 15 mins from Junction 2 and I'm generally quite familiar with it from all my trips to the midlands.

Hopefully we could all be available on the same day, but in reality, that might not be possible

• 2 weeks later...

So - do we actually have a plan for a meet this month or not, I'm confused as to whether we are still going to the Ace or doing something else?

So - do we actually have a plan for a meet this month or not, I'm confused as to whether we are still going to the Ace or doing something else?

Same here. I'm confused. I go ace cafe every month anyway. Feel free to come there if you wanted.

I think I may be busy at the end of this month, for Ace, but always other times it will be on.

It's every month so not to worry if you can't make it. Could always go for a beer or something. Didn't realise you were so close! I'm sure rob would come along.