Triffid Alloy Corrosion

Coops

Have just given the big white barge a quick clean and noticed some corrosion (?) on the N/S rear alloy. Although the 2 pictures below show the same patch, there are 2 separate areas suffering the same fate. From what I can see, this is the only alloy wheel affected.

WP_20140829_12_26_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20140829_12_26_25_Pro.jpg

The car is nearly 3 years old, 79k miles and leased (company car). It is worth pursuing with Skoda?

I too have noticed one of my Triffid's is doing the same.

2011 with 50,000 miles. I'm out of warranty now.

I would try for a claim, although there are plenty of threads on here about unsuccessful claims in the past. Skoda seem to use the default 'kerb damage, stone chips, fair wear and tear' etc. excuse.

Always worth an ask I suppose. I got one replaced on my Octavia but it was still under warranty and was pretty bad. At 79k though it's probably not worth holding your breath...

Looks to me like it's where the wheel balancing weight once was. It's square. I'd say your tyre people have just smashed the weight off the rim and maybe taken some clear off as well. This might be causing the corrosion. Picture appears to be pretty clear and you can see the smaller weight in the bottom picture.

• Like 1

Looks to me like it's where the wheel balancing weight once was. It's square. I'd say your tyre people have just smashed the weight off the rim and maybe taken some clear off as well. This might be causing the corrosion. Picture appears to be pretty clear and you can see the smaller weight in the bottom picture.

This would be my guess.