Brakes binding?

Hi all.

Parked up at work today and the handbrake would only go up about a centimetre. It usually has a good 35 degrees of travel, but one cm or so now and it's hard on.

Figured it was maybe just a cable thing so went on with my day. Driving back my brake pedal seems to have a lot less travel than it ever has before and brakes much harder. Driving the car it doesn't seem too much different to normal, gathers speed fine and boosts without issue but from a subjective 'feel' it kind of seems like I'm towing something? I dunno hard to describe and very subtle.

Handbrake when I got home seemed to have even less travel...

Now I've dealt with soft brake pedal going to the floor when I had cylinder issues before but this is the exact opposite and with the handbrake issue as well I'm a little stumped. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, rear passenger side is toasty - you can feel the heat off it before you even touch the wheel. Others are fine. Would I be right in thinking this is probably gonna have to be a new caliper? Which I'm guessing also means two new calipers, plus pads...? :/

Could be a cable or a return spring seized.

I have a handbrake bind every now and again if the cars been parked up for a few days.

usually pops once the tyre grips and pulls through. i have a full drum replacement kit ready to go, just not the time to get it sorted..

Yep, rear passenger side is toasty - you can feel the heat off it before you even touch the wheel. Others are fine. Would I be right in thinking this is probably gonna have to be a new caliper? Which I'm guessing also means two new calipers, plus pads...? :/

Not necessarily, it needs stripped to find out. BTW the more you allow that side to heat up the more chance you'll need new discs (I assume it's discs), since they'll warp with the heat.