180mile round trip on an 8th of a tank !

DarrellGB

Come on folks, calm down!

The OP has, it would appear, changed their name after starting other controversial threads and everyone appears to be on the attack.  

Sun's shining, let's play nicely....

I wasn't even aware that this poster had changed his username in fairness... But yes, the sun is indeed shining and I'm off to enjoy it right now. :)

Come on folks, calm down!

So the thread heading might be a tad extreme but everyone knows that in reality and I don't think sales of any product are going to be upped by one of exaggerated claims.... The OP has, it would appear, changed their name after starting other controversial threads and everyone appears to be on the attack.  

Every car I've owned or driven has a non-linear fuel gauge - that's a fact of life and don't we all really know that what is being reported here.

Personally, by and large, I've never seen the MPGs that people claim here with equivalent engined Yetis to TIBETs I-III. I put that down to the ever hopeful Maxidot results that are being reported rather than the more accurate brim to brim v odometer reading (if the odometer reading is accurrate, that is...). 

For the record, I've found that Maxidot versus the brim to brim method over reads by around 4-5% on average. Maxidot range on the other hand tends usefully be to be a little pessimistic as the tank empties. 

Those with ECU remaps will always scoff and slate 'tuning boxes'. Pros and cons time:

The tuning boxes are plug and play - and unplug and unplay. The latest generation tuning boxes such as the CRD-T multi channel devices work very well indeed (personal experience of recently driving a CRD-T equipped Yeti). If you use the available power, the MPG (in my experience) is much the same as without the 'box. Drive normally pre and post 'box and the MPG goes up around 1 MPG.

On the down side, the Maxidot MPG error increases from the 4-5% over read to around a 16% over read . Maxidot range with and without is actually broadly similar - slight pessimism as the tank empties.

Remaps on the modern VAG engines require a bit of open heart surgery to complete which to me seems to me a bit more severe than plugging a box in. I have no experience of a remapped Yeti but how do the pre and post MPG/range Maxidot/brim to brim figures relate?

At the end, why do we need an MPG readout on the Maxidot? Pub and Forum boasting? Range is useful to know but MPG (or average speed for that matter) is really of novelty value rather than helping with the safe or most efficient operation of the car.

Sun's shining, let's play nicely....

The name change was due to being accused of using it to promote a product by one forum member, so I changed it to avoid any confusion.

If the aggressiveness continues on this forum I will be saying farewell I'm afraid.

The username may have changed, but it's the same old BS

Some people don't seem to be cut out for forum life

Maybe so, finding this forum in particular an unenjoyable place to share my love of the Skoda Yeti as it offer very little room for anyone's lack of knowledge over a subject from other forum members.

Now what was it that the marvellously irreverent Dave Allen used to say at the end of his TV shows?

;-)

He said "Goodnight, thank you, and may your God go with you."

Maybe Moderators should pay closer attention to members who seem to be aggressive towards others seemingly due to their beliefs?

What was it Darth Vader said, "I find your lack of faith disturbing"

@aerofurb

The maxidot mpg on my 170 went from being 11% optimistiic (vs brim to brim) before remap to 12% afterwards. I drive it a bit quicker than before, but it gets pushed less, if that makes sense! Only four full fill-ups done since then, with just local journeys (nothing over 24 miles) returning 40/41 and those with some longer motorway stints being 42/43. That's around 1-2 MPG better than before the remap.

Oddly enough the fuel gauge gets through an eighth of a tank after anywhere from 50-80** miles, with the bigger mileages done above 3/4 and below 1/4. Best mileage before the light came on was 460 and worst 360. Not quite Greenline figures!

** I once did 300 miles on the first 1/2 tank, but it then only did 20 in the next eighth, so I think the float must have stuck a little!

I'm not aggressive in any way, I just don't come on a car forum to be preached to

You appear to confuse aggression with the fact people don't agree with your point of view

For the record, as if it's relevant, I'm C of England, but not a regular churchgoer

I'm not aggressive in any way, I just don't come on a car forum to be preached to

You appear to confuse aggression with the fact people don't agree with your point of view

For the record, as if it's relevant, I'm C of England, but not a regular churchgoer

I've never preached to anyone, if you feel that way the issue is yours. It can all be solved by staying off my posts if you have an issue with them or how they are presented.

As for being CofE, seeing as you brought it up, I go to McDonalds, doesn't make me a BigMac, being CofE doesn't make you a disciple of Jesus Christ.

Being excited is one thing but stating a fact as the title of a thread when its actually very far from the truth is another matter and bound to get people's back up. People interested in a future purchase will read the title and assume its correct... It's not. That's all we were trying to clarify.

You didn't answer about your "easily getting 600 miles", was this long runs, round town, combined? I've never easily got 600 miles from the 1.6 until now.

I regularly get 500 miles out of a tank full of diesel before the light comes on, in my unmodified, filthy dirty, non-Greenline, 140bhp Yeti, so I don't know what the fuss is all about.

Just saying.

• Like 2

How many miles have you now done in your Yeti, Darrell, since having the DTUK tuning box fitted?

Coming up to 1600 miles since I fitted the box, I've had a play around across all the settings but settled on map 2 with +2 on the fine tuning.

• Like 1