Bargain Osram package deal for someone in For Sale section.

DarrellGB

These are now fitted to my Yeti!

It's the first time I have had to change bulbs in it and I was pleasantly surprised how relatively easy it was (following nightmares with the BMW 130i and Mercedes B Class). I found it easier to do the near side one by removing the cover to the fuse/relay box.

I haven't driven it at night yet, but the lights are clearly whiter to look at. I rate the Yeti halogens anyway, so I am expecting things to be like switching on the sun.

Since I got such a great deal from DarrellGB, I ended up with 6 H4 night breakers. So, 2 in the Yeti, one in my bike and three spares!

• Like 1

I found the drivers side gave better access, I swopped out the main and dipped on both sides. But you're right, once you've cracked the technique of pulling down then out its a 10 min job, and they are much brighter.

Have you had chance to look at the side lights (W5W) bulbs ?

Yep, they're in too. Not sure about the look when they're off, as they glint quite blue, but when on they are an acceptable white.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unbelievably, I have only had a chance to drive in the proper dark for the first time in the last few days. Before this my wife has used the car in the dark and remarked on the much brighter lights. Now I have experienced it, my observations are thus:

I always rated theYeti's halogens and these bulbs take them from impressive to amazing. On dipped beam they make a noticeable extension to the reach of the beam and on main beam it's like switching on the sun. The colour is whiter (ie less yellow) than the regular halogens. Another thing I noticed is that the switch from dipped to main and back again appears to be quicker, as if these filaments light up faster than the regular ones.

I haven't ridden my bike in the dark yet, but I have noticed that the appearance of my headlight is much clearer in reflected surfaces, and noticeably 'bluer' (not blue, but bluer, in other words, a higher colour temperature).

Overall, a good upgrade, especially at the bargain I got them for!

• Like 1